What can I put in my 320 gallon tank?

carcrazy

I have been reading what others have in their tanks :eek: and they seem to have a lot more than I do. I currently have 2 motoro rays and a jardini in my 320 gallon plywood tank (71 x 34 x 31h) with a 60 gallon w/d sump.

I was worried that the tank would be too crowded when they were full grown, so I haven't added any other tankmates. Am I being too carefull? I do 2 water changes a week for a total of 25%. Would 3 tinfoil barbs or tiger dats be too much or would they be a problem for the Jardini or the rays? I want to keep the rays and jar for life (theirs, not mine).

carcrazy

I need to borrow/buy a camera soon. The only picture I have of the 320 is when I did the water test (inside - fingers crossed). All went well.

Attachments

• my plywood tank2.JPG
    my plywood tank2.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 667

T1KARMANN

thats a nice BIG tank the only problem is you have a jardini which will not like any tank mates once it get to 12inch

if you change the jar for an asian aro you can add much more fish

T1KARMANN

all of the fish above are great BUT i would stay away from the PNT/FRT they mess up the water real bad

i had one for 1.5yrs when i had a rest from rays and it was near impossable to keep the water in tip top condition

carcrazy

Thanks for the suggestions but being a noob, I don't know what some of the abbreviations and different fish are like.

Is a cross back another type of arowana? If so, won't my Jardini fight with it?

A flagtail Fei Feng would be nice. Would it be aggressive with my rays? I have 2 rays so I think the bottom will be full when they get bigger.

What is a ST?

Please excuse my ignorance and hesitation but I don't really want to experiment with fish to see what may or may not live. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

T1KARMANN

to tell the truth you need to sell the jardini if you want to keep any other fish in the tank

the jardini maybe ok now but in the future it will probably kill any type of fish you keep with it

i would sell the jardini and get a asian aro as they mix much better with other fish than a jardini

jardini are the most aggressive of all aros

G_sharky

I would do the same thing...I had a jardini and I find it even at 3" super agrresive already....I got a Red tail Gold Arowana and I'm much happier...BTW ST stands for Siamese tiger fish or datnoids.....

carcrazy

I know I should trade in the Jardini but I like the way it looks. I bought 2 red head severum today (about 7" each) and a tiger dat (5") to go with the 8" Jardini and 2 motoro rays. Everyone seems to be getting along so far but it is still early. If there is any agression, I will transfer them to another tank right away. I know I am taking a risk with them but the tank looks so much better with a few more fish in it. I put in some pvc pipe for them to hide out in.

Thanks for all the advice, it is greatly appreciated.

carcrazy

I had to move the smaller severum today to another tank as the larger severum was chasing it around the tank too much, the jardini didn't seem to care. I thought severum were peaceful? He doesn't seem to be bothering the tiger dat or the rays at least. I guess you shouldn't have two male severum together.

carcrazy

I bought a HBRTC this past weekend along with a 200 gallon tank! The reef in the 120 is going to go into the new 200 and the Jardini can have the 120 all to himself. The RTC is going into the 320g (just like others have recommended). I know that the 120 is a little small for a Jardini (5' x 2' x 20"h) but he will all the room to himself. Hopefully this will work out.

carcrazy

The HBRTC is in the 320 and I have bought another 200g tank (70"x24"x28"h) for the Jardini. Should be plenty of room for the jar now.

carcrazy

I have added 2 peacock bass (3" each) and 3 silver dollars (only 1") to the 320 tank. Hopefully, the 8" HBRTG or the 2 motoro rays (10" and 12") won't eat them. There's also a 5" S.T. in there as well.

Will the peacock bass be a problem when they get bigger? I'd hate to have them eat the aro ($1000 feeder fish!). Of course the aro will bigger by then as well.