What is a fair profit for retail sale of Asian arowana?

EKen

Super Moderator
To be honest, I personally don't want the price to drop that much. I mean, I started collecting Asian Arowanas because I felt that they were special. And I guess their high price is one aspect that makes them different. I personally don't want to see the Asian Arowana turning into a ''simple'' goldfish.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
To be honest, I personally don't want the price to drop that much. I mean, I started collecting Asian Arowanas because I felt that they were special. And I guess their high price is one aspect that makes them different. I personally don't want to see the Asian Arowana turning into a ''simple'' goldfish.

But some "simple" goldfish sell for many tens of thousands of dollars each...Koi too...thus, no matter what there will always be buyers for the rarest fish with the most desirous qualities.

protoxeno

Everyone has their own preferences to what the price of aros be. Can I safely say a majority want these asian aros at a price thats much lower than current? Still thats unlikely to happen given the current market. But I hope somewhere in the near future, 3-5yrs, I'd be able to get a decent aro that is actually red at 8"-9" at $1000 that will turn out red with the right tanning.

b-man

But some "simple" goldfish sell for many tens of thousands of dollars each...Koi too...thus, no matter what there will always be buyers for the rarest fish with the most desirous qualities.

^ agreed, quality warrants a higher price -

EKen

Super Moderator
Everyone has their own preferences to what the price of aros be. Can I safely say a majority want these asian aros at a price thats much lower than current? Still thats unlikely to happen given the current market. But I hope somewhere in the near future, 3-5yrs, I'd be able to get a decent aro that is actually red at 8"-9" at $1000 that will turn out red with the right tanning.

If you can find a red that would actually turn red, I would consider it a lot more than decent. I mean, even Champion Aros don't turn red.

B-Man:
That is one solid aro in your avatar, is it yours?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Well, I would be happy to get something that turns out as nice as the fish below...

a13.jpg

T1KARMANN

Well, I would be happy to get something that turns out as nice as the fish below...

a13.jpg

you can get any good red to turn out like that just flick a switch of a nan light :D

the owner of this fish is not even trying to hide the nan light it plain to see at the front of the tank