What is a XB x Highback called??

Hiram Abiff

Hi,

I'm new to this. I know a highback gold is a hybrid of the indo RTG and Malayan Xback, but what would be the proper term for the babies of a Highback gold hybridized with a Xback?? Is there a term/name for this cross?

EKen

Super Moderator
Hi,

I'm new to this. I know a highback gold is a hybrid of the indo RTG and Malayan Xback, but what would be the proper term for the babies of a Highback gold hybridized with a Xback?? Is there a term/name for this cross?

I am assuming it depends on the farm and how the Aros end up looking.

Most Aros found on the market today are some kind of hybrids. Farms inter-breed Aros to get the characteristics that the people are looking for, following the trends. They would mix RTGs and XBs to get a more dense gold color, or Reds with XBs to get the spoon heads and the long finnages on Gold Aros.

Hiram Abiff

Hi,

I'm curious 'cause I know a guy who bred his xb and hbrtg. So is there a name for this cross or is this the first known cross of these two? babies are too young to see how they will look yet, but nice long fins, very yellow pectoral fins and gold on side of eye like pahang golds. I'm sure they will be stunningly beautiful

Yuppa

Super Moderator
hbrtg is already a xback rtg cross.. In fact there are very few, if any *true* rtg left..
I would think that hbrtg x xback would still be considered hbrtg.. although if 6th row is complete, can probably pass as just xback..

peacockbass

Hi,

I'm curious 'cause I know a guy who bred his xb and hbrtg. So is there a name for this cross or is this the first known cross of these two? babies are too young to see how they will look yet, but nice long fins, very yellow pectoral fins and gold on side of eye like pahang golds. I'm sure they will be stunningly beautiful

how did he bred them??.....does he have an aro farm??...

Hiram Abiff

He bred them at home in a HUGE tank. I promissed I would not give the specifics of him or the breeding. I think the male HBRTG was originally a Panda Highback gold, just my opinion given what it looks like. The HBRTG dad is very shiny and the complete 5th level is showing beautifully, the female xback is a very thick frame gold and I don't know where she was originally bred. These are going to be amazing adults.

peacockbass

He bred them at home in a HUGE tank. I promissed I would not give the specifics of him or the breeding. I think the male HBRTG was originally a Panda Highback gold, just my opinion given what it looks like. The HBRTG dad is very shiny and the complete 5th level is showing beautifully, the female xback is a very thick frame gold and I don't know where she was originally bred. These are going to be amazing adults.

thats some news....but i'd have to see it personally to believe...thats just me...congrats to your friend.....he's accomplished something that is very RARELY done.....kudos...

Hiram Abiff

I personally saw the fish swimming together and the babies, and the video he took of the harvest. He says it is likely the first in northern america to be documented. Cool stuff!