What other hobbies do you guys have?

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Max Power,
Beautiful frogs. I've always wanted to give them a shot but have held off because I don't have enough time for them.

Do you have any full shots of your enclosure? Looks like you've got some great plants in there.

I keep lots of turtles. I really love them and I always have my eyes open for more. I have 10 turtles now and 10 tortoises.

What kind of turtles are you keeping? I've always been interesting in them as well and have worked with a few different species as Jr. Animal Tech. at the university. (RES, 3 toed box, hermans, common snapper).

I'd love to get a Razorback musk or any other fully aquatic turtle

Last edited:

Max Power

Thanks for the compliments :)

I don't have many pictures of the setup itself, hope these will do. The first picture is when I first set the tank up... its pretty bare. The other picture is 7-8 months later, by this time it has really started to grow in. I also added some things like orchids in the second picture... plus it has different inhabitance.

HPIM1416.jpg

a.jpg

Max Power

You can see a "pup" growing from one of the bromeliads in the second picture, it has a long woody stem coming from the main plant. When you buy a bromeliad like this one it will still have it's stem, I just drilled a hole in the wood and stuck it in. All you have to do is make sure the plant is stationary for a long time, then the plant sends out roots that grabs hold of anything... then it's there to stay.

No I'm just misting buy hand. This is only a "temporary" enclosure until I bring them back home to Nova Scotia. Then I might think about getting a mister... along with a costom made vivarium.

frozen-fire

awesome...didn't expect so many herp lovers!
awesome dart frogs!

i just recently sold off my pair of ball pythons as i seriuosly needed the room and money for more fish stuff... recently into an african cichlid phase.

currently have lots of aquatic turtles, a leopard tortoise, and an ambanja panther chameleon.

jackson

Max Power,
Beautiful frogs. I've always wanted to give them a shot but have held off because I don't have enough time for them.

Do you have any full shots of your enclosure? Looks like you've got some great plants in there.

What kind of turtles are you keeping? I've always been interesting in them as well and have worked with a few different species as Jr. Animal Tech. at the university. (RES, 3 toed box, hermans, common snapper).

I'd love to get a Razorback musk or any other fully aquatic turtle

I have 5 red foots 4 sulcatas 1 yellow foot 1 indo snake neck 2 stripe neck musks breeding pair of NG side necks breeding pair of 3 stripe muds 2 kwngtung river turtles 2 chinese soft shells. I always forget about the indo snake neck because he is the only single turtle I have. I am trying to sell 3 of the red foots but they are really big and people want babies.

You can see a "pup" growing from one of the bromeliads in the second picture, it has a long woody stem coming from the main plant. When you buy a bromeliad like this one it will still have it's stem, I just drilled a hole in the wood and stuck it in. All you have to do is make sure the plant is stationary for a long time, then the plant sends out roots that grabs hold of anything... then it's there to stay.

No I'm just misting buy hand. This is only a "temporary" enclosure until I bring them back home to Nova Scotia. Then I might think about getting a mister... along with a costom made vivarium.

Check out this dart frog setup http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2950&page=2&highlight=dart+frogs It's one of the nicest dart frog setups I have seen, especially check out his mister system really good idea I think. I had a mister on my veiled chamealeon setup and IMO it makes life much more easier.

Max Power

Yes that is beautiful, the owner has a great eye for designing vivs. It will be fun when I get the chance to properly plan out my viv when I have a perminent home.

Last edited:

Alx

Cool hobbies.
my probably only temperature more cool :D:D:D

Attachments

• IMGP0112.jpg
    IMGP0112.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP0136.jpg
    IMGP0136.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP0149.jpg
    IMGP0149.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 14

joshhoward

im into..well was into herps. i had tons of lizards even a couple adult iguanas. i traded them all in. i now keep my tanks and my sulcata tort only. i keep a 35 with breeding pair of green severums, 45 live planted tank, and a 150 with my aros and discus. planning on getting a 125 short in a few weeks to set up as a discus tank.
also kinda tattoos. i have 10 right now and i designed them myself.

Kenta

Administrator
I dance at any chance i get, Any Breakdancers/hiphop dancers? bboys/bgirls?

Im not into it myself, but I have some DVDs (BOTY 2004, Freestyle session Korea 2004, Expression Crew DVD, Evolution 1 and Girls Gone Wild Las Vegas) I also know some guys from Vancouvers NON crew.

Kenta

Administrator
im into..well was into herps. i had tons of lizards even a couple adult iguanas. i traded them all in. i now keep my tanks and my sulcata tort only. i keep a 35 with breeding pair of green severums, 45 live planted tank, and a 150 with my aros and discus. planning on getting a 125 short in a few weeks to set up as a discus tank.
also kinda tattoos. i have 10 right now and i designed them myself.
What sort of tats are you into? PICS