What temperature?

Marius

Another way to keep down the water heating energy is having a lesser WC. It takes a lot of energy to heat up cold pipe water. So I guess the denitrator is a part of the energy saving plan. And ofcourse having styrofoam 3D background on the 3 sides of tank has been helping a lot in containing the heat.

That's the heat exchange system I was talking about. For the aquariums you run a pipe through the boiler or something. I am not yet familiar with the system, but it's what Mike does (MFK).

arl

Somebody did the tankless gas water heater at MFK and if I remember corectly he also have aros in his tank. He used a magdrive to pump water from the FT to the tankless gas heater and the pump is controlled with water heater controler. The actual heated water goes into the tank. This is what I thought about and planning to copy. Another way of doing it is making the water closed loop and running to the tankless gas water heater and into the FT but heat just gets transfered to the pipe then to the aquarium water. Water in the pipe just circulates and doesn't get into the FT, I think that's the heat exchange concept you have.

T1KARMANN

to tell the truth the only time my heaters come on is during a water change

the more pumps/filters you have the hotter the tank

UV also warm the tank

my tank sits at 86-88 without and heaters

the tank temp drops to about 82 in the summer 78 in the winter at water changes

i use 1 x hydor external 300w heater on each pro3 2080 which click on during water changes and it heats back up from 78 to 84 within 3hrs

carcrazy

I use a python for water changes and I adjust the water temperature to as close to tank temp as I can. I don't usually have much of a temp change at all (as far as I can tell from the thermometer).