What type of pellets do you feed your PNTs?

Kenta

Administrator
Hey everyone,

Just wondering, what type of pellets everyone feed their PNTs. Mine was raised on Hikari algea wafers and refuses all except those... I want to branch out to other types of sinking pellet suitable for PNTs... I fed my old PNT sinking trout chow... ANY IDEAS?? Ive tried reptomin but it only floats, my PNT doesnt go for floating food.

bluebasearoilove

Frt's would eat anything ,
Just don't spoil him too much.
Mine eats arowana pellets , koi food, live feeders, fruits and vegetables.
They aren't too stubborn if I starve mine for a day it starts chasing my fish....

skynoch

Mine pretty much eats everything also. Try nls h20 wafers. Talapia is it's favorite food. And mine will also chase my tats when not fed for a few days

snow

I also feed mine on Hikari algea wafers and those Hikari sinking cichlid pellets. I also feed shrimp and fresh foods etc.... I agree though those wafers are very addicting for them. Mine also eats floating pellets now. Which include the Hikari cichlid gold pellets and those koi pellets you get from rogers for $5 for 1LB. I try to feed something different everyday to her.

skynoch

I did get a tip from Niel with nls as I was trying to get a low protien pellet as mine was growing to fast and he suggested trying alfalfa pellets.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
I currently have mine on HBH Veggie wafers and a small amount of shrimp. He likes to steal the odd sw from the aro, but I altered how I feed the aro and no more fatty worms for him!

But how does someone gauge how much to feed exactly? I'm feeding 5-6 wafer 6 times a week and I'm sure he could easily eat twice as much.

How does one know when they're growing too fast or too slow?

carcrazy

My chinese soft shell turtle also eats anything and likes pellets, shrimp and sw (when the aro or oscar miss one).

Juice604

i feed mine one day fruits the next day nls floating pellets the large ones , my guy also eats shrimp/prawns that the aro or dat doesnt snatch up fast enough ..

when he was small only veggies and algae wafers , but slowly introduced meat in the diet by it finding leftovers ..lol

the variety of fruits i feed are in order of favorites , first is pinnapple , grapes , cucumber and peas , eats all no problems ..