Where to buy in Vancouver

ALS2000

Hi,

this will be my first Arowana ever. I am wondering where is the best place to buy one. I am looking for a cheaper one to start and see if I can successfully raise one before moving onto an expensive one. I would buy silver, australian or maybe asian green if it was really nice. Please let me know where and the avg prices as I have no experience in this at all yet. Thanks in advance everyone.

h.l_nathan

last time i was in Van there was a place down in hasting and nanaimo an old couple there has a red for $250

There is a couple of places around. Big Als might have them sometimes. Rainforest on Hastings is another. North America and King Ed's on Kingsway.

ALS2000

thanks, i called rainforest last week and they didn't have any, tried king ed's and they have only silver/jardini (aside from the big ones). North america has only silver/jardini also. I'm looking for a green. maybe i'll have to try big als again. they didn't have any last time either. hmm. hard to find it seems.

h.l_nathan

no not at rain forest. there is another store across from church chicken a really small place. they should still have 1. try Fraser st by 28th they have some there too. gl

Kenta

Administrator
The greens at big als burnaby are sub par.
But by all means if you want an arowana with drop eye, gill curl, defective barbels and small fins go there! oh and pay a premium on top!

The greens at big als burnaby are sub par.
But by all means if you want an arowana with drop eye, gill curl, defective barbels and small fins go there! oh and pay a premium on top!

Oh yea. Kenta is right. I just remembered seeing some of the arows there and their green is not always the best. Sorry about the bad recommendation.:eek:

ALS2000

Thanks everyone,

I went to take a look today and even to my untrained eye they didn't look first quality compared to the photos I have seen on this site and online. I have a month at least until the tank is cycled so I will keep my eyes open. If anyone is selling one please let me know.

aneal

Hi,

this will be my first Arowana ever. I am wondering where is the best place to buy one. I am looking for a cheaper one to start and see if I can successfully raise one before moving onto an expensive one. I would buy silver, australian or maybe asian green if it was really nice. Please let me know where and the avg prices as I have no experience in this at all yet. Thanks in advance everyone.

I recently got interested in Arowana and wanted to purchase one, but didn't want to spend a lot. A friend told me about Vancouver Arowana and they were so helpful. I bought a Panda Gold Supreme for 450 and the pickup process was very simple. They also have more expensive aro's, which I hope to get in the future. I would highly recommend Vancouver Arowana to all exotic fish lovers :D

BrownElf

@ aneal do they have a guarantee on the fish? Money back guarantee? Hows the aro when it arrived? Do you have a pic of ur aro? Looking for a malaysian golden blue base xback. Thanks