who's got Black rays here?

chen88

Super Moderator
I know a couple of guys have them here...just curious how common they are within this group....if you have show some pics with your tank mates.... I know T1 has some awesome P14's.....unfortunately not available in Canada due to the band right now but hopefully it will be release soon.

chen88

Super Moderator
Yeah....had some quotes from Frank before....extremely expensive...as expected for the type of rays. I've ordered from Oliver before, he's a great knowledgeable guy to deal with...always has time for a good chat. As for ordering from overseas ie...europe and or the US...hate to deal with the taxes and unknowns when you get your fish from customs...with Below water...it's within the country so its much faster...

Marius

Yeah....had some quotes from Frank before....extremely expensive...as expected for the type of rays. I've ordered from Oliver before, he's a great knowledgeable guy to deal with...always has time for a good chat. As for ordering from overseas ie...europe and or the US...hate to deal with the taxes and unknowns when you get your fish from customs...with Below water...it's within the country so its much faster...

I'd go with Oliver. I can bring wilds for a little under that price, but not really worth the trouble. He's rays are stable and eating well. Frank and Nicos prices are high, but their husbandry is amazing. There's also Mike from H20aquatics.com ..he's got the best pieces in North America, anything from regular P13, eclipse, thousand islands, P14s, Henlei...you name it.

Last edited:

T1KARMANN

p14 and pearls are still banned from export from Brazil

my p14 are massive since you saw them Theo :cool:

i fairly sure the have bred now :D

P1040549.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
Yes...I know P14's are still banned...hope they release some soon but with the season for rays coming to an end in the next few months...its unlikely they will lift the ban and perhaps the p13's will be put back on the Banned list.

Marius

Yes...I know P14's are still banned...hope they release some soon but with the season for rays coming to an end in the next few months...its unlikely they will lift the ban and perhaps the p13's will be put back on the Banned list.

If you have the money for P14s there's definitely places one can buy some ...not so sure about the ban, I've seen large pieces coming out of Brazil ;)

chen88

Super Moderator
definitely "some" do get out ......I'll be happy with my WC P13's first....rather save the money for an Aro to go with my Rays first....perhaps later on if a P14 or a black diamond becomes available with Below Water I'll consider depending on price. I rather get my Rays and other rare fish from Below Water as Oliver is a top notch hobbiest that I would trust with all my WC stock.

Marius

definitely "some" do get out ......I'll be happy with my WC P13's first....rather save the money for an Aro to go with my Rays first....perhaps later on if a P14 or a black diamond becomes available with Below Water I'll consider depending on price. I rather get my Rays and other rare fish from Below Water as Oliver is a top notch hobbiest that I would trust with all my WC stock.

You are a hobbyist, Oliver is a businessman :) ...sorry, just being cheeky today. Good luck with the rays. Get yourself set up with the start up food first, and then buy your rays.

chen88

Super Moderator
this isn't my first time in the hobby...sorry being cheeky myself!. I've had all types of rays before....i'm already setup and food's already stocked. Ray's already purchased...in saying so, Oliver still has the best stock of course in my opinion and perhaps not some others here...but nevertheless my opinion