Wishlist : what do you want next?

tomuhs

I understand that most of you have tanks that are nice and stocked but I just wanted to see what are on peoples wish lists. You don't have to be getting the fish anytime soon but please let me know what you guys are looking for! I'm all about setting goals in life...so what can't fish keeping be on there? :cool:

Here's my wishlist:
1. BD Ray
2. ST Datnoid
3. L600 Plec or more L25! Breeding program anyone?
4. Geophagus Altifrons
5. Tigrinus
6. Discus...bit scared of this...will lump this in with a saltwater tank.
7. More Aros!! Definitely would like to try grooming a super red.

Cheers!

Aro51

1. Bigger tanks (like 10x3x2.5) for my aros
2. Wouldn't mind trying grooming a super red
3. 200+ gallon reef

exoticaquaria

Setting goals is good!

Xback, pair of bd rays and another st. Thats my list but itll have to wait until im done school! Upkeeping another tank is def not an option right now!

Oh and yes a bigger tank too!

darryl180

My wish list:
2 more 10 inch plus clown loaches
L025 Pleco
L418 Green Shamper
Possibly some Super Red Severum

A future discus tank.

Still learning about which arowanna would suit me best.

A pair of Rays.

tomuhs

Awesome lists! Keep em coming guys!

1. Bigger tanks (like 10x3x2.5) for my aros
2. Wouldn't mind trying grooming a super red
3. 200+ gallon reef

That's quite the monster tank. Would love one myself

Setting goals is good!

Xback, pair of bd rays and another st. Thats my list but itll have to wait until im done school! Upkeeping another tank is def not an option right now!

Oh and yes a bigger tank too!

Heck ya to bigger tank. Never too big!

How big were you looking at Mike?

My wish list:
2 more 10 inch plus clown loaches
L025 Pleco
L418 Green Shamper
Possibly some Super Red Severum

A future discus tank.

Still learning about which arowanna would suit me best.

A pair of Rays.

Ya hope you make the plunge to Aros. Nothing quite like them.

Discus on the other hand...scary but intriguing at the same time.

fire eel (not no more as mike scored me 2) lol
another pair of BD's
ST
BBXB

Man you should see Darryl180s fire eel. It's huge...pretty picky tho from what I'm told. How big are your new eels? Got any pics of the new catches?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I gave this some thought. I think my ultimate fish goal now would be to go snorkel in one of the Amazon's tributaries and catch some Geophagus sp., along with whatever else I can find, so as to create an actual biotope tank with fish that were all caught in the wild. A 300 gallon should do the trick, though a larger tank would offer more possibilities. I've heard from Oliver Lucanus that he has helped arranged fish collecting trips for hobbyists before, so who knows..?

exoticaquaria

the eels are 15" and thick! these guys are eating shrimp! i just got them in my tank so no pics!

Good to hear they are doing well! How about some pics of your other fish as well!!??

Id like a 600 gallon. I think thats big enough for me. Any bigger then itll be expensive to stock! Lol.

tomuhs

I gave this some thought. I think my ultimate fish goal now would be to go snorkel in one of the Amazon's tributaries and catch some Geophagus sp., along with whatever else I can find, so as to create an actual biotope tank with fish that were all caught in the wild. A 300 gallon should do the trick, though a larger tank would offer more possibilities. I've heard from Oliver Lucanus that he has helped arranged fish collecting trips for hobbyists before, so who knows..?

That sounds like fun! I think a trip to the Amazon in general would be a blast. Noob question: how does one go by and catch wild Geos?

I personally wouldn't mind catching a Piraiba and bringing it home. Lol

A tank of Metynnis fasciatus. been looking for them for 4-5 years now with no success.

Never heard of this fish...must be nice :D

glamit

That sounds like fun! I think a trip to the Amazon in general would be a blast. Noob question: how does one go by and catch wild Geos?

I personally wouldn't mind catching a Piraiba and bringing it home. Lol

Never heard of this fish...must be nice :D

im pretty sure its a striped silver dollar

T1KARMANN

its mad i have most of the fish and tank on most of your wish list :D

im not a buyer and seller or looking for the next big thing

right now ihave

3 x big adult p14 breeding trio
2 x leo/bd breeding pair
26inch chilli red
24inch+ ST
2 x ST look alike 3 bar IT one you wouldnt know wasnt a ST
2 x 14inch NTT
1 x 24inch + tigrinus

and the 1000gal tank to keep them in

and i cant think of anything i would buy i havent purchased a new fish for over 2 years

yes my aro may not be the best yes my rays many not be the best but if a mixed comm is working why change a thing

my fish are like water dogs to me and i wouldnt swap my dog just because a better one comes along so the same can be said for my fish

if you sellect the right fish you like at the startwith things you like and stick with them you should be happy in the end

i have played the buying and selling aros looking for the perfect fish its just costs you time and money

my rays i have had for 6 years now
my aro i have had for 5 years
my tigrinus i have had for 7 years
and my big ST 8 years +

if my ST died i wouldnt buy another one as for me its the perfect tiger thats the reason i kept him/her over the other 7 i had

to the untrained eye know could tell my 3 bar IT wasnt a ST and one is worth £1000 and the other £100

you can get some very good grade 3 bar IT now so why bother spending the big money just because its a ST

stable 24/7

9156679d.jpg