world war 3

T1KARMANN

i have had enought of playing around with lights to make this aro com work :(

if i had paid the right money for the aros i would be crapping myself right now as the fight are bad

i have had 2 x diffrent red in the tank and what i have seen is reds are much more agresive than gold aros

im just going to let them fight it out now

they must get bored of fighting sooner or later

im only going to step in if 1 of them are near death

the only aro that looks like he may take on the red is a RTG

right now i have 6 x 12inch aros pinned in a very small space pushing each other about for space if one of them comes out of the pack the red wacks them

the red swims about the whole tank on patrol looking for a stray aro out of the pack

the other aros are much bigger than the red they just are not brave enought to take him on :mad:

lets see what happens

h.l_nathan

usually when 1 start to do that i just put it in its place and net that aro for 5-10 min and after a couple of time doing that they stop the fighting.

tjieh

a little trick, grab a stick of wood or something like a baseball bat, whenever you see the red is wacking others just hit him on his head, be careful not too hard since you dont want to kill it, aro are really smart, after you do this for a week or two the fish will learn, and everytime you grab that bat he will swim away really quick.

T1KARMANN

1 of my xbacks is taking the red on to be alpha :)

its amazing to watch the power struggle things are changing by the min :D

EKen

Super Moderator
I hear a lot of people talking about how smart are arowanas. But I mean, scientifically, it's a fish. How smart can it be with such a small brain... :)

I am not an expert on arowanas, but I too thought that Reds were more passive than the Gold ones (RTG and XB). But from my experience (or lack of it), the reds that I have had were all more aggressive than my RTG and my XB. Maybe some more experienced Comm. Hobbyist could chip in.

Boydo

Even a successful comm wil have a few wars at the beginning, these are very aggressive fish, and there will be a pecking order. The question is, can you watch it until the dust settles? These are a few of the old tricks I've used before; put bubble wands across the tank in a couple spots to act like a bubble curtain - distract the aro. If one aro is much more aggressive than the rest, bag him up for 5-10 minutes then put him back in. There was one keeper that had very good success by adding a submersible pump in the middle of his tank with a pipe off the top going to the water surface , when on, the water would splash of the glass top and act like a heavy rain in the aquarium.

Best of luck,

h.l_nathan

my opinion is different. i think all can be trained. it just takes alot of time and patience with the aro. i have 2 agressive aro in 1 tank a fusion and a premier gold that faught from day 1, but now they're living together peacefully just the 2 of them.

EKen

Super Moderator
T1K:
I think it's too late my friend. You have no other choice with that Red. I am writing you a PM... with my address in it, bag him up, send him my way :D

T1KARMANN

its all good now the red is no longer king 1 of the xbacks took his crown

the xback is now swimming around like the cat that got the cream :D

my fattest and biggest aro gets beat up all the time its kind of like the fat kid getting bullyed at school if he had dinner money the other aros would steel it :D

the method with the slapping the fish when it does something you dont like does work my flagtail used to suck on my preg p14 ray only her and only when she was preg everytime the flagtail used to suck on her i used to bang on the tank after a few days the flagtail was scared to be near the preg female