WTB Plecos

goldie

Iam in edmonton, looking for the following, prefer larger sizes, L-014, L-025,
L-027c (goldline) and L-250 , THX

bcarlos

L250 does not exist. Well there was 1 of them, and I believe it was sold for around 8k

From what I've read, a handful of specimens were imported into Japan in the 90's. Several died off over the years, a few remain in private collections across Asia, and none have ever been bred in captivity. The consensus seems to be that this is a genetic freak rather than a true species. A very expensive genetic freak at that!

Occasionally you'll see L25 pop up, though they are typically small specimens (2-3.5 inches). I've brought them in on a couple occasions, though not recently. Price is usually in the $180-$240 range. If you are lucky enough to get your hands on a big piece, you're looking at upwards of $1000. L27 variants are in the same boat-- like bigger L25's, most go to the Asian markets where the fetch 2-3X what most North American hobbysits would be willing to pay. The C variant is the most difficult to come by; I know a couple guys here in Ontario who own them, but as I understand it they purchased them through connections in Hong Kong.

The good news is L14 is pretty commonly available. I've never imported them but I've seen them on suppliers lists, and have even seen them in several LFS in the GTA in the past.