Market Prawns.... How much do YOU spend?

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I would be interested in trying the vitamin trick. However, as an experiment I jammed an aro stick into a superworm and tried feeding it to my aro. It somehow could tell the SW had been messed with and spit the whole thing out. I think I have a very picky fish. :rolleyes:

hustler

RD, What are you injecting them with? and what type of vitamins? How often is recomended? I used to do this with my turtles and tortoises So i know the benifets but never thought to do it for aro's???
Neat

RDFISHGUY

You shouldn't be keeping your SW in the fridge, as this greatly reduces their life expectancy. Room temperature and you're good to go. Injecting them is easy-- just use something to hold their head against a flat surface, and inject your vitamin concoction. Works like a dream for me.

Just put the ones you want to feed that day in the fridge.

I would be interested in trying the vitamin trick. However, as an experiment I jammed an aro stick into a superworm and tried feeding it to my aro. It somehow could tell the SW had been messed with and spit the whole thing out. I think I have a very picky fish. :rolleyes:

Try injecting them. Because its not hard your aro may accept them. If you have kids let them try it. My kids get a kick out of it.

RD, What are you injecting them with? and what type of vitamins? How often is recomended? I used to do this with my turtles and tortoises So i know the benifets but never thought to do it for aro's???
Neat

I use the Kent vitamins but you can also use Boyd's. The vitamins are pretty potent so you only have to inject a couple each feeding. My aro eats 15-20 a day so I inject 3 worms per feeding. I am sure if you only did 1 a day it would be enough IMO.

hustler

RD where do you buy them vitamins locally or do you order?
Also what type of pellets are you guys pumping the prawns with exactly? Im going to try the clam meat this week and Im intrested to know if the talapia you guys feed is frozen then cubbed?

RDFISHGUY

Vitamins are available at most places. I would think Big Al's or Natures Corner would carry it in Edmonton. Pellets are up to you. I'd use NLS but the choice is ultimately yours. Any freshwater fish you feed to your fish should be frozen to help prevent disease
transfer to your fish. Thaw for use.