What are the going prices for arowana in Canada?

pso37

I just got my first aro/fish ever, a Green Aro at Market Village in Markham for $120 :)

He's only 5" long :)

RTGs (around 10") were going for about 380 - 500

carcrazy

I just bought a 5" green for $250 and a 5" super dynamic red (same farm as the green) for $1200. The RTG last year was $1000. All from Fish Gallery in Winnipeg (great place). I also bought a great 10" Queen Angel for the salt tank. I need a camera!

Eddio

Im sure this is meaningless since I find Big Als overprices everything...

But was at Big Als and saw some non asian arowanas, and here are some of the prices...

Silver (juvenille) - 60$
Silver (12 inches) - 160$
Jardini - $499
Blue Arowana (believe this is black? lol asked the person working there and he didnt seem to know what he was talking about) - $599

Their prices change all the time, but this is in Edmonton, Alberta.

Cypher

Average GTA prices as of March:

Silvers $29.99 @ 5-6". 3 for approx $84 give or take a few $.
Blacks - $350-450+ @ 6-8" pending store. Not many available atm

Jardinis - approx $30-50 @ 2-3".

Greens - $120 @ 4" special at Lucky.
RTGs - $380-450 @ 5-6" special at Lucky.
Reds - $1000 @ 5-7". Gold Ocean still has a lot of potential reds for sale.
Xback - $1300 @ 6-7". Gold Ocean has 5-6 pieces left. All great potential.

RTGs (around 10") were going for about 380 - 500

Man you do not know how to measure. lol.
The RTGs are NOT 10"s. $380 gets you a beaten up one around 4-5", and the biggest ones that are decent shape ($450) max out at 5-6".

Cypher

Im sure this is meaningless since I find Big Als overprices everything...

But was at Big Als and saw some non asian arowanas, and here are some of the prices...

Silver (juvenille) - 60$
Silver (12 inches) - 160$
Jardini - $499
Blue Arowana (believe this is black? lol asked the person working there and he didnt seem to know what he was talking about) - $599

Their prices change all the time, but this is in Edmonton, Alberta.

You sure about that Jardini price? ;)

isjah

i agree with cypher i know he's been lookin around his prices are really accurate, i think the problem in Canada is variety, u probably have maybe 3 or 4 major importer of asian aros in the whole of Canada. I agree with cirrus lets try to work with each other.

isjah

some of these T.O prices, may i ask those ppl where are they gettin their prices from?, they seem a little over priced.

isjah

may i add this will probably one of the longest thread it's a great topic.....may i add are we benefiting from what seems to be droppin prices around the world i.e, especially singapore,,, they are really getting some cheap aro's and by the pics they aren't low quality as reflected from the price, but again those guys love their NAN lighting.

h.l_nathan

i say just forget about he pricing. if you love the aro and the hobby is so addicting then just buy the dam thing dont complain too much on the price.
You pay for what you get.

Marius

may i add this will probably one of the longest thread it's a great topic.....may i add are we benefiting from what seems to be droppin prices around the world i.e, especially singapore,,, they are really getting some cheap aro's and by the pics they aren't low quality as reflected from the price, but again those guys love their NAN lighting.

As mentioned above, once you find something you like, the price is not a factor anymore.

Also, if I may, keep in mind that landed individuals usually fetch a bigger price, because whomever imports them assumes a risk of losing them too. Not to mention that holding the aros, feeding them, grooming them well costs money as well. Hence why, if a pre-order PGS (for the sake of the example), will cost you under 500$, a couple months after it was brought it, that same aro will be at least 150-200$ more.

sugpo

How much are the arowana now for sure the prices are drop and alots of farm now and not hard to import.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
There is a huge difference in pricing between what you will find in the stores, through group buys, private sales, from certain farms, and from certain countries. And inside Canada you will find pricing varies from province to province, city to city. If you look in the archived marketplace section of this forum you should get a fairly good idea of pricing. If you go through other hobbysits or group buys you should be able to get an RTG for under $500, a HBRTG for around $500, a super red for around $1000, and Cross Backs for around $1200. Pricing can be lower or higher depending on number of fish bought, size of fish, quality of the fish, etc.

chen88

Super Moderator
like Cirrus mentioned above...in the Toronto area you can get RTGs for slightly less then $500, HBRTG between 500-700, Reds for just under 1K and XB's between 1200-2K or more depending if they are golden heads. Gold Garden in Markham has Chilli Reds between 10-12" for $900+