600 Gal build

tomuhs

Well the big tank project has officially begun.

Safe to say this whole ordeal has been relatively stressful with several road bumps but i'm glad things are finally beginning to shape up. Huge shout outs to Glamit for the hookups and help with everything.

The dimensions will be 72x32x30 X 2 L shape aquarium which roughly amounts to 600 Gals.

The tank will be filtered with an Ultima 2 4000; i'll be setting up a drip as well. Furthermore, I'll be adding a 55 W UV to keep things clear. Any suggestions on heating would be greatly appreciated. Anybody dripping straight up hot water into the tank?

Just doing the last final touches (shout outs to Joeys DIY videos; so helpful!) cleaning the glass and if all goes well, installation will begin on Saturday. Wish me luck.

tomuhs

look like there is more room space, why not go bigger? :). Your fish will love you for it too.

Totally wanted to buddy but I couldn't fit the big stands downstairs :mad:

So i'm stuck with two 6 footers.

Builder cancelled this weekend due to forgotten CNY...will try to post updates when we get started.

exoticaquaria

Thx buddy!

Hmm so far 4 leos, 4 Kbass, 3 Aros, Spotted Gar, Indo dats, a fei feng, group of clown loads and some SDs.

Looking forward to stocking it.

GOod stock! Aro, bass, rays, dats. Cant go wrong with that combo!

Do watch out for the FF. I had 1 that I kept with my stingrays for almost a year and he went all crazy, sucking slime. I removed him right away that that.

tomuhs

GOod stock! Aro, bass, rays, dats. Cant go wrong with that combo!

Do watch out for the FF. I had 1 that I kept with my stingrays for almost a year and he went all crazy, sucking slime. I removed him right away that that.

Thanks buddy. Always appreciate your advice.

Ya kinda debating whether to go with the FF. When I had him in tha tank I didn't get any film on the glass, and he was an awesome $hit eater. Love how they also get so big and like to dash. I guess we'll see.

Still waiting on a good size tig too!

tman

Super Moderator
Thanks buddy. Always appreciate your advice.

Ya kinda debating whether to go with the FF. When I had him in tha tank I didn't get any film on the glass, and he was an awesome $hit eater. Love how they also get so big and like to dash. I guess we'll see.

Still waiting on a good size tig too!

There are some 12" ones at Riverfront.

tman

Super Moderator
Those look badass together! Too bad thank too small, their lips all busted up. Pretty sure they'd look good in ur 520 haha.

I didn't notice that when I looked at them last week. I wonder if they are fighting with each other? They would look good but at maybe half the price they want for them. :D You better get them for your big tank and grow them out big and sell them too me for cheap! LOL

tomuhs

I didn't notice that when I looked at them last week. I wonder if they are fighting with each other? They would look good but at maybe half the price they want for them. :D You better get them for your big tank and grow them out big and sell them too me for cheap! LOL

Haha for sure. Ya was surprised but no fighting. I used to have two FF and they fought so much I had to get rid of them.

Lol I'd totally grow em out but they don't seem to be the fastest growers.

tomuhs

Update

So its been a while since i've had an update on the tank. Too much stuff going on in life but i've finally managed to get some work in. Got the glass polished up and after talking through the positioning of the tank, I decided to change the orientation of the tank.

My floors are ridiculously uneven and shimming the tank was definitely a royal pain. Thank goodness the tank sits level now.

Next up proceeded to position the glass and start siliconing. Went pretty smooth and didnt take too long. Thank goodness for suction cups, the glass panels were so heavy. I was paranoid of the glass falling out from the bottom so we drilled a piece of wood to behind the glass to the stand.

So after 6 bottles of commercial grade silicone we finish up the panels. Im still a little high from the silicone fume.

So all that's left is the bracing, removing the oyama from the front panel and the plumbing. Seems so far away at this point but it's starting to turn out nicely. Hopefully I can fit the Ultima behind the tank so everythin is nice and tucked away.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

tomuhs

tank1ez.jpg

tank2h.jpg

tank3m.jpg