IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
Thanks..just picked up today...and doing great.....This Power Red has a gold base which is neat looking

chen88

Super Moderator
I have a starphire tank drilled on both ends. One end has 2 holes drilled for a FX5 (with strainer for the inline into fx5, one locline dual nozzle outputback into tank. The other end has 3 drilled holes for a Eheim Pro3 2080 (2 strainer for inline into Pro3, and a single locline nozzle back into tank....Also have a couple of Hydor Koralia to move the water around since the tank is 34" deep.

Pro 3 Line in/out
IMG_2208.jpg

Fx5 line in/out
IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

Hydor Koralia
IMG_2597.jpg

chen88

Super Moderator
they all get along just fine...the tig keeps to himself until feeding and then he and the rays fight for dinner! lol. Rays don't bother him whatsoever and his streamers are getting longer....so no nipping....

DaiDee

that's an amazing setup chen! Did you get Miracles to make that tank for you?
Starfire definitely makes the tank look crystal clear. BTW, where did you pick up the loc line?

chen88

Super Moderator
I purchased my loc line from JL Aquatics in BC...very cheap and great to use. The most difficult part to my setup was to find the right size nips to go into the bulkhead and to fit the Eheim hose and Fx5 hose....The starphire glass is on the front, back and bottom, then ends are standard glass since they were going to be drilled. It's a FREAKING heavy heavy tank!. I change 40% of my water every week which helps keep the water very clean and feed everyone every other day so not to over feed...all work but with the clear (and hopefully) clean water...it's worth the effort. The tank did come from Miracle! but custom made for someone else who didn't pick it up so I ended up with a custom tank fit for rays and aro...so I'm happy...thanks

DaiDee

Ah ok, I thought you got it from mops.ca. JL Aquatics has some pretty good pricing as well. Yes fittings can be a pain to find. It looks like you use 3/4" male adapters to connect to your tubing.
I'm curious as to why the original person that ordered your tank wanted starfire for the bottom and back. Normally, most people have the front and sides starfire. Sometimes only the front piece. Did you ever ask why?

chen88

Super Moderator
not sure why on the bottom but forsure the bottom is also starphire. As for the front and back, the intent was for the tank to be a divider hence the ends of them being drilled....but I have back against a wall instead of it as a divider...

DaiDee

yeah, that was the only thing I can think of it being the front and back as starfire. Maybe it was supposed to be raised so that you can also walk under it? lol