BD Pup

chen88

Super Moderator
Another 2 pups born yesterday to my large female. 1 male (4") and 1 female (5"). Another female was dead when i got back. This large female has had 3 litters in 1 year totaling 8 pups. The smaller female has had 6.

Kept my first female and a male from last year. All others have been sold...will be putting these two up for sale as well.

4" Male

5" Female

Kyuss

Congrats sir....14 pups in a year is spectacular.....good work.... Please pm about a price for your pups....thanks

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Congrats Chen!

And I think someone in Calgary is looking to get back into rays too...? ;)

Dis

Congrats on the healthy pups. Is it common to have a still born or is there another explanation?

chen88

Super Moderator
Since Nov 2013 I've had 3 still borns...I think its common when more than 2-3 pups are born...tight quarters inside mom! that's the only unscientific explanation I have! :)

Love to ship out West to potential buyers but I don't have shipping containers and or the experience to ship (only receiving! lol) so only local buyers mainly that has purchased from me via word of mouth...usually sell them within a couple of weeks after they are born and in some cases less than a week ie...2 days.

The parents are fed 100% massivore and in our waters.....so pups born to them are already use to the food source and water condition. Pups that I have kept more than a week goes onto the massivore right away so no issues....

Dis

Glad you haven't had many still born. If someone wants black ray pups they have an obvious place to go in Ontario. Nice work. Would love some in the future but right now I only have room for plecos.