2008 quick update

EKen

Super Moderator
Here are some recent pictures of my babies. The pictures of the Chilli Red were taken without flash, hence why they are so blurry. I felt that the pictures with flash were not representative of the fish colors. Sorry that I am such a newbie at taking fish pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 628

EKen

Super Moderator
The next ones are from the Blood Red tank...

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 674

EKen

Super Moderator
And finally, for those who wondered how my tanks are placed in my "fish room"... Happy new year guys (and girls) ! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 689

Kenta

Administrator
Love the first fish, especially the thin frames and dark core.
Thats some heavy duty filtration you got going!

EKen

Super Moderator
Kenta:
Well I thought that if I put a lot of filtration, if some days I get lazy about water change, it won't be too much harmful for the fishes. But I still do regular water changes, the heavy filtration is just in case...

I really love that Chilli too. I am starting to believe that he really brings me luck. Now only if he could cross belly...

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Great looking tanks and fish

I can't believe how dark your flower is on a bare bottom. Beautiful ray

EKen

Super Moderator
very nice setups you got there
and your tanks are spotless....wheres all the algae???

Thanks, I believe there is not much algae because I open the lights only during feeding time, when I come back from work. So that is only about 1-1.5 hour of lighting a day. I also believe the UV sterilizer helps a lot.

EKen

Super Moderator
Nice fish! Do you find your spending much time tending to your filters?

Well not yet, I did not do much of filter media cleaning. My plan was to do cleaning for each filter maybe once or twice a year. I also do not use the white wool filter pad, as I find that it gets dirty pretty quick, and you can not wash and reuse it.

FishNuts:
The heavy filtration is not that commom, but not that uncommon also. I find that having an aro tank is like having a tuned up car, you just like adding stuff (in my case, filtration) to it.

FISHNUTS

E-ken that is true, Better safe than sorry when it come to a lot of filtration. Cheap insurance for the investment you are protecting.

sl

HiGhTiMeZ

wow man that is NUTS!!!
the flower ray is very nice now man! good job!
wish i could see ur tank in person one day ;)

EKen

Super Moderator
HighTimez:
Thanks. I think it's because you guys used to keep it with light brown sand. Now the dark bottom background makes it darker.

You can drop by anytime you want man, well I mean let me know first though...