2nd annual NTT and weird fish import from Thailand

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am using my pet store contacts in Thailand to set up an NTT and "weird fish" import from Bangkok. I did this last year around July. This time I am going to do it a wee bit earlier.

I plan on doing one BIG order like this a year. I want to bring in high volume of NTT's, multiple sizes. Prices will be very aggressive. Last year I sold 50-100fish (can not remember exactly how many) in just a few days; I want the same style this time too. Thus, volume discounts offered. I want to bring in at least a few hundred NTT's if possible and do a bit of retail/wholesale across Canada.

So, here goes... pm me what sizes you want and how many. I will see what kind of price I can negotiate.

Also, what kind of "weird fish" are people looking for? :)

:)

JMorash

Here's mine list:

Dats - Anything other then IT's
Channa Pleurothalma
Lates (any species)
Bichirs

You know, all the normal fun stuff!

Red Samurai

Is anything happening with this order? I think its datnoid season in thailand now!!

Man am I ever sorry I got rid of this guy. I bought him from Mike (M_class2g) when I lived out in Richmond a few years back this little indo was cheap!(less than 100) Now I am kicking myself.
So if anyone has an indo for sale with 3bars or forked bars or any Unusually markings let me know I might be interested!
Tigers026.jpg

datnoid001.jpg

m_class2g

Sponsor
Is anything happening with this order? I think its datnoid season in thailand now!!

Man am I ever sorry I got rid of this guy. I bought him from Mike (M_class2g) when I lived out in Richmond a few years back this little indo was cheap!(less than 100) Now I am kicking myself.
So if anyone has an indo for sale with 3bars or forked bars or any Unusually markings let me know I might be interested!
Tigers026.jpg

datnoid001.jpg

you might kick yourself some more for this. i think this fish was sold to my buddy kookus afterwards. its actually a widebar. im sure i sold it to you as one. has that extra little bar but you can see that its a widebar. i have pics of this guy now. ill dig it up and post it asap.

m_class2g

Sponsor
hey are both fish the same actually? the 2nd one looks more like a widebar. hmm ill have to find those pics.

Red Samurai

Mike they are the same fish. The latter is just an updated pic when I did have him.
Say it isnt so that it was a true ST.......shoot me now!

m_class2g

Sponsor
in that case yes its a true ST that i sold you. cheap for back in the day huh. i remember bringing in so many small sts. should have kept them all lol. but yea, i found pics of this st that you sold my buddy. its a widebar with full belt and necklace too. the thing LOOKS AMAZING. colour is unreal. lol.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Oh well, the past is the past. I think about the blue-eyed pleco I got for $20 and sold for $40 back in the late 1990's. That guy woudl be worth several thousand now too! :)

So, get the NTTs (North Thailand Tigerfish) while you can. I can just see us writing here a couple years from now "Heh, remember when we used to be able to get those NTT's..." :rolleyes:

I am still awaiting final confirmation on availability of big NTTs. I know a number of you want some larger ones in the 7-10 inch range.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have a friend going to Thailand today who will be meeting with my Thai LFS contacts to hopefully finalize the NTT order.

My only concern is the dreaded "sudden death syndrome" alluded to in the thread here:

http://bcaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?p=218754#post218754

I experienced some high mortality last year with the shipment of NTT's I imported. I think this year I will be prepared to use an anti-parasite medication almost immediately.

For those of you wanting bigger NTT's (6-8 inches), I suggest we do a group buy approach. You will get very low pricing this way, but you will be taking on some of the risk too. The main reason for this is that I do not have my 535 gallon set up yet and so do not want to import any fish stock to hold.

Details to follow by pm's to those of you who have been in contact already.

m_class2g

Sponsor
*sniffle* *sniffle*

your gona sniff sniff a lot after looking at these pics. lol. this is the fish you sold my buddy. sry it took me a long time to post. you can see that the tail stripe looks identical from the pics you posted of the st back in his younger days. now the st is around 11-12 inches?

this is kookus' st. hope he doesnt mind me posting these pics. lol. one of the nicest sts ive seen around here in vancouver. i wish i didnt sell this to you samurai. lol.

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

Last edited:

kookus

dont know how I missed this thread..... He's doing great and hes bigger now. He's even more orange. I'll have to post another pic when I'm free.

Mike you know I'll give him a good home. =)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Well, my friends in Thailand will see what they can do. :)

I should have a status report pretty soon on availability of larger ones.

danfong88

nice NTT, is there any ST coming into Canada? I have been waiting for over 2 years and still have not seen them?