A new Aquarium store opening soon in Toronto

EEYY

The name is either "Arowana King" or "Dragon King". The location is right beside Gold Garden. The style should be very similar to some Asain Aquarium stores having "VIP" room showing arowanas. And a 11 feet long show tank

danfong88

The name is either "Arowana King" or "Dragon King". The location is right beside Gold Garden. The style should be very similar to some Asain Aquarium stores having "VIP" room showing arowanas. And a 11 feet long show tank

Maybe they should call give an easier name so the public can remeber it easier?
Good Luck and I look forward to seeing the set up and shop.

:):):):):):)

arl

Just went for a road trip to winnipeg a few days ago and went to Fish Gallery. I was impressed with their stock specially the rays!! They have 2 adult emperor reds and some smaller asian aros. I just thought I'd share, cause this is the first time I saw an asian aro in a petstore in canada.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Just went for a road trip to winnipeg a few days ago and went to Fish Gallery. I was impressed with their stock specially the rays!! They have 2 adult emperor reds and some smaller asian aros. I just thought I'd share, cause this is the first time I saw an asian aro in a petstore in canada.

That is great to hear! I recommend all the arowana keepers out there take photos of the fish available if the store owners allow it; better yet, do a little photo expose on the whole store. I know all the visitors on this site would find such information interesting...

covers

Lucky 08/08/2008.. Good Luck with the Grand Opening!

i've been visiting the store daily and i have never seen any arowanas like these ones in any LFS in the GTA. its actually safe to say that the ones you see here are like the ones in the magazines from malaysia / indonesia. very nice stock, including a few golden monkeys with the biggest heads i have ever seen and a wide variety of discus. everyone should come check it out for grand opening on august 8 2008.

BTW this is not my store.

EEYY

i've been visiting the store daily and i have never seen any arowanas like these ones in any LFS in the GTA. its actually safe to say that the ones you see here are like the ones in the magazines from malaysia / indonesia. very nice stock, including a few golden monkeys with the biggest heads i have ever seen and a wide variety of discus. everyone should come check it out for grand opening on august 8 2008.

BTW this is not my store.

Let's see how "DK" rock the aquarium market in Toronto!!!:D:D:D:D:D

uberdave

I went today, I was amazed to actually see those reds and xbacks. The reds at 12"+ have full deep deep orange everywhere and a deep purple base shine. Truly worth the money. The owner Billy, is selling those VIP reds for about $1300! Those VIP reds are much better than any of the reds I've seen and the body shape is like WOW! Though the colour is not compare to the true reds. Look at fish not farm everyone.

All the xbacks have full colour cleared to level 5 at around 5-6" and those that is around 9" + have fully crossed. Now that is worth the money. I'll try to take pictures! Those who is willing to pay for quality and a true red aro should pay them a visit.

uberdave

When I said "Though the colour is not compare to the true reds" I am talking about the VIP reds not comparing to those deep orange reds at 12", the tank below. Hope to not confuse anyone.

EEYY

When I said "Though the colour is not compare to the true reds" I am talking about the VIP reds not comparing to those deep orange reds at 12", the tank below. Hope to not confuse anyone.

I have heard the store also has flowerhorn and discus. right?

uberdave

Yes they do, lots of discuss. But the FH they had was this small 4" with a huge lump, biggest I've seen at that size.

arl

WOW!!!! $1300 for a 12" SR!!! and a VIP!!!! VIP is one of the higher priced aros comparable to emperors, Niwans ...

I went today, I was amazed to actually see those reds and xbacks. The reds at 12"+ have full deep deep orange everywhere and a deep purple base shine. Truly worth the money. The owner Billy, is selling those VIP reds for about $1300! Those VIP reds are much better than any of the reds I've seen and the body shape is like WOW! Though the colour is not compare to the true reds. Look at fish not farm everyone.

All the xbacks have full colour cleared to level 5 at around 5-6" and those that is around 9" + have fully crossed. Now that is worth the money. I'll try to take pictures! Those who is willing to pay for quality and a true red aro should pay them a visit.

arl

thats cheaper than in Singapore!!!!! A 12" VIP red even in Singapore would probably retail S$2,000+ and we're getting it here for only C$1,300 about S$1,700. That's a really great deal!!! I guess that's one of the reason why it sucks to live in the forgoten province ... you can't even buy a silver here!

uberdave

From my understanding of what the owner told me, those are the ones that he bought in the GTA which didn't turn red or potential to reach his standards. I can't believe it because those ones are fat and really spoony. The colour is your standard SR pale with light orange cracks on the cheeks. I'll take some pictures which says it all.

danfong88

Yes, very nice set up they have at Arowana King... and the Super Red is very nice. This will be by next fish.... The shop is nicely done and the salt water corals and fish are nice too.

Good Luck and all the best to them.