Air stone location

cape

Hey all, setting up my tank and I have this idea of lining the whole back of the tank with air stones. So air bubbles will be covering the whole back glass of the tank. Anyone ever seen or done this? Aesthetically what is your take on it? Also, will it have any adverse affects on the fish? thanks again for any help.

Yuppa

Super Moderator
I think its a nice effect if you can manage it.. I have tried in the past with various air stones and tubes, but my fish prefer to rearrange everything

chen88

Super Moderator
i've got a couple of disc and a couple of air stones at the back of my tank...the Rays love it and often get the bubbles under them moving them to the top...

hustler

I was going to say.... With the bubble rope, i think they come in 2 foot the longest you would have to maybe do a few. but the suction cups never work out for me. Looks awesome though with the wall effect if you can keep it there :)

RTG

I bought a 26" bubble rope from big ALS for my bakground as well. The suction cups eventually will fall out of place so don't bother buyingthem.