Anyone got full grown pictures of a CV Maju Super Red?

mareshow

Banned
just looking for some pics of an older one, i've seen lots of them while they are younger but none of the old beauties yet :)

James Sananikone

I have one of the best XB that you can see at my avatar and
an young 16" Premium Super Red with a lot of potential and
hope to see it turned out to be like this in 3-4 years.

IMO with the Super Red you have two choices

1- Buy a baby at an offordable price and trust the farm.

2- Buy a adult and trust your eyes & experience.

The second choice is recommanded if you are in position to do it.
One Premium Super Red at 3K is better than 3 average Oranges at 1k

Just a personal opinion ...:)

Attachments

• CV Munjul Red.jpg
    CV Munjul Red.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,717

mareshow

Banned
yeah i was just curious because i'm new to this game and want to make sure i made the right decision with Kenta :)

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
The photo is watermarked Shirakura, an aro retailer and stingray breeder in Japan I think?

The fish in the photo is a show quality fish for sure.

The fish in the photo comes from CV Munjul Prima, a good Indonesian aro farm with a high-end reputation (used to sell to Japan's crown Prince). Their farm's showroom is located a few hundred meters from CV Maju's. When I was down there lin 2008 I just missed being able to visit both farms the same day (I did CV Maju).

There should be a few people on the forum here who can show photos of 12+ inch CV Maju reds from last year's orders I think.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I doubt a fish of the quality from the picture is only 3K... :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree. Note the difference between a "Premium" Super Red and a "Show Quality" Super Red. At least double I think, maybe more if breeders want it. Of course the question is, if one treats a 25 cm Premium Super Red correctly, could it develop into a Show Quality fish?

danfong88

nice fish... one in a thousand will look like that. Most arowana coming in nowsdays does not look even close to that!

JOHN B

CV Maju

IMO, Quality aro like that will not make to Canada. Reason been, sellers get top money selling to Japan and less hassle in terms of shipping too. Try shipping aro in in the winter. I don't think you can even get aro in that calibre for less than 10,000. The last champion from Imperial farm was sold for a price tag of US16,000.00 to China. Imagine that.

James Sananikone

You're right Theo,

The photo is watermarked Shirakura.

Like I said I wish my Primium Super Red will look like this Red in 3-4 years... who knows ?

Premium Super Red, could it develop into a Show Quality fish? Excellent question !
That's what I'm betting on right now, we'll see !

Yes, this kind of quality is 10k-15k and up ... usually the farm don't even sell it, they keep for breeding.

By the way, the 25cm CV Munjul Premium Super Red that Theo proposed is one of the best that I have seen so far. He's in the champion blood line for sure !

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I've seen better Super Reds in person. I'll try to post my simple undoctored photos of champion show fish at the 2008 Aro Expo in Jakarta one of these days...