Asia Trip 2012 - Taiwan & Hong Kong

chen88

Super Moderator
not many LFS around here with stock anywhere close to those over in Asia! amazing!

Best Fricken Video I've seen taken of a LFS!....

Last edited:

aaronc

AMAZING!! mike looks like you had a great time. +1 wish the fish stock is more like what the stores in asia have.

exoticaquaria

vacationing is great but if i can sneak in some fish visits, even better lol.

here are some more pics of ato's stingray facility. the farm is located in new taipei. about an hour and a bit drive from downtown taipei. the farm is fed by mountain water so it is extremely clean. it is filtered first and stored in the big metal water tanks. everything runs on a system. even doing water changes is done by a simple push of a button or can be preset to automatic. each level pup tank is from a single female!!! try to count how many level of pup tanks he has! the average amount of pups in each tank are 7-8 pieces! some smaller litters at 3-4 pups. you can only imagine how big his breeders are to produce this amount of pups! 62 BD pups were born within the last 3 months. XXX$$$!!!????

DSC_2605.jpg

DSC_2601.jpg

DSC_2608.jpg

DSC_2657.jpg

DSC_2617.jpg

DSC_2619.jpg

DSC_2623.jpg

DSC_2629.jpg

DSC_2632.jpg

DSC_2634.jpg

skynoch

Great set of pics. REally something amazing to see from someone that probably will never make it over there. Thanks for sharing it all with us.

chen88

Super Moderator
Mike, any chance in bringing in some of their rays? where are they all going? Japan I guess eh?

exoticaquaria

he mainly supplies japan and china. mostly to china right now. he doesnt mind selling to me but taiwans bd prices are a little higher than thailands prices. i have 1 import coming from top stingray within a month. just doing some final selection. i think my last ray import for this year as ill be too busy closer to the fall for school. what are you looking for chen? pm me.