BD mating continues

chen88

Super Moderator
well...as i got my second litter of pups from my smaller female BD in July which gave me a couple female's....I as pretty sure my larger female who gave me 3 males in Jan 2014 is pregnant again and noticed the pups inside her moving around quite a bit...so hopefully they're not too far away....I think my smaller female after giving birth in July has been knocked up again as the last month after she's been getting beat up...I guess when it rains it pours...in a good way.

I've got 2 pairs (2m/2f) and sold 1m/1f so the ratio's been great to be able to have a even split. All this started in Nov of last year...only lost 2 pups during birth (1m/1f) ..died when they were born.....

Seriously need to think about setting up another tank ...perhaps a 5ft in the basement as I'll need to move these guys out of my sump.

tman

Super Moderator
Nice, I think everbody's rays are maturing now and it seems like everyone has the right kind of water and pups are everywhere. I have 3 more females pregnant and my henlei is due any day now.

Are you keeping the bd pups to grow out and eventually sell or breed? I find bigger ones don't fetch much more then adults. But I haven't bred bd's yet. If you do plan on breeding them wouldn't you be breeding brother/sister or breeding possibly back to the parents. Probably not the first time it has been done but wouldn't that have an affect on the genetics?

Last edited: