Big Boys

Boydo

I was going through some old pictures of when I had my comm tank still together. I;m sure some of you have seen these pictures before, but I though what the heck....lets share them again. These guys were 24 to well over 30 inches when I parted with them.

P7108358.jpg

P7108370.jpg

P7108373.jpg

P7108415.jpg

P7108480.jpg

P7108487.jpg

P7108494-1.jpg

P7108507.jpg

P7108514.jpg

P7108519-1.jpg

P7108247.jpg

And a Video:

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l...ction=view&current=550gallonApril2009wmp9.flv

hustler

frthbdx < that was my jaw hitting the keyboard :)
That is just amazing bro..... Thats exactly what i am PRAYING mine will look like in a few years. I would love to have seen feeding time in there. What size tank is that? how did the green fair in a comm setting? That is the BEST looking green i have ever seen.... Best looking mature comm i have ever seen. Just WOW

Boydo

frthbdx < that was my jaw hitting the keyboard :)
That is just amazing bro..... Thats exactly what i am PRAYING mine will look like in a few years. I would love to have seen feeding time in there. What size tank is that? how did the green fair in a comm setting? That is the BEST looking green i have ever seen.... Best looking mature comm i have ever seen. Just WOW

Thanks! They were in my 550 gal, I almost needed to wear rain gear for feeding time. They all got along well with some hick ups on the way especially when they became mature and I had some aggression issues as a couple pairs showed up. To me it was a very successful comm with only some fighting that caused a few tears in the fins.

The one red wasnt the big guy from the Koi shop was it?

No, I grew all these guy out from 5-6 inches. However I'm not sure where they all could be now.

Wow amazing comm tank of some huge aro's!

Thanks! Looking at these old pictures and seeing Chen's inspirational new setup makes me think I should try it again some time.

Very nice. Always good to see these guys again. How old were they when you had them?

Thanks Chen! I had these guys from 5-6 inches and the oldest, if I rememer right was about 8 yrs old when I parted with them.

CHILLI RED

Thanks for sharing! Those aros look amazing! Great body shape on a lot of them. Some nice spoonheads. Nice and chunky!:)

skynoch

Fantastic looking. I can't wait to get some of those monsters in my tank. How long did it take to grow them out to that size.