Big changes in the works...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
It will take me a few more days to organize the write up, but some rather big changes are in the works for Dragonfish Canada. ;) :)

JLee

I hope it's not what I think it is! I still need to create an order to setup my community in the coming months when I move out to BC.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I think I am pretty much done with the import thing. It has gotten too big, too complex, requires too much time. I still want to have some fun taking photos/videos of cool fish, maybe help out here and there with logistics...but as for growing an actual business, I have no real interest. Besides, it just makes sense to have other people across Canada get more involved and make the imports grow that way. The best way to do that is to pass on control to others. Thus, from here on out others will be actually arranging and be responsible for the imports. Brandon will be doing this for Ontario and eastern Canada, Henming for western Canada, and Derek for BC. There is a pretty good chance there will be a follow up announcement concerning one more player in the mix. But I need to get 100% confirmation on that. ;)

Looking back on the last few years, I have accomplished a lot of my fish related goals. I pioneered the online retail of Asian arowana in Canada. I visited many farms in Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia (along with other fish sites in Thailand and Cambodia). I have imported some aros that went on to become very high grade in my opinion; I have imported an arowana com set up; I have imported almost every type and grade of Asian arowana on the market (missing King, xanthic and a true platinum :) ); I have imported high grade Flower Horns, Red Texas, NTT's, birchirs, IT's, and many beautiful stingrays (pearls, BD/Leos, and P14's). I have toured some of the world's best public and private aquaria, I have met and corresponded with players at the top of the fish hobby at a global level. It has been a lot of fun for sure.

It would be short-sighted to just throw away all of the knowledge and contacts I have accumulated. Instead I plan to share with others, work as a team, grow the group buy model by forming a group buy network. Or perhaps you could even call it a club. :)

JLee

Truly an asset to the Asian Arowana Community. Thanks for the years of hard work that ended up brining my brother and I an Asian Arowana. Hope you are still around when I make my larger order =]

bcarlos

I, for one, consider you a mentor, Theo and have a lot to learn from you as we make this transition. It makes good business sense to go this route, and I really do think we are on course to build something very special. Each one of us brings something different, and we all bring our passion for the true king of the aquarium.

In the end, this arrangement means more buying power and better cross-Canada service for the hobbyist; which we can't forget is why we all got involved in this crazy business in the first place :)

Congrats to my new partners and to you, Theo for taking the next step in an already impressive list of accomplishments.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Brandon, you are welcome; you are a keen student. :)

As an interesting side note, tonight saw a replacement shipment (for past DOA's) of 10 jumbo clown loaches ship to Edmonton. As is normal in such circumstances, the farm paid for the replacement fish, the buyer is responsible for paying the shipping. I opted to forego any profit on this order by offering to pay 50% of the shipping cost with the end purchaser in Edmonton. I just spoke to the fellow in Edmonton, he is happy with the replacement fish. I would like to think that is a hallmark of people who have ordered from Dragonfish.ca over the years.

From here on out, please contact Derek (lo sai) , Henming (xenon240) or Brandon (Bcarlos) for your aro and aro tank mate needs. The [email protected] email account will continue to serve as their clearing house, or you can PM them direct.

Last edited:

xenon240

Theo, I'm sure when you look back to the first group order you assembled, there was a lot of sleepless nights. But it was this huge risk that you took which has now resulted in the availability of quality AROS at competitive prices to fish hobbyist across the country.

I thank you for having the courage to keep this venture growing, and look forward to working with Brandon and yourself in continuing to bring quailty/variety of AROs to Canadians.