Black Arowana and Gar

Skrick

I Have gotten Black arowana and I have 1 Marble Motoro 1 Hystrix ray 1 spotted gar 2 long nose gar and 2 hujeta gar 1 Juruense catfish like tiger catfish 2 Carapo Knife fish 1 fei feng is there anything here that would pose a threat to The Black Arowana safety or vice versa Im new at keeping Arowana so just want to make sure Im not doing anything wrong here Thanks

Joey

You probably wont have any issues.. although if i had to pick one, it would be the long nose gar. I had an alligator gar try to make a meal out of a silver aro i had once...

Keep every one well fed, and you shouldn't have any issues. What size tank is this?

Skrick

180 Gallon tank is what is being setup everything right now is small my ray's are only 8" and gar are about the same size and the arowana Im growing out from a 4" baby

bcarlos

180 Gallon tank is what is being setup everything right now is small my ray's are only 8" and gar are about the same size and the arowana Im growing out from a 4" baby

I wouldn't keep young aros that size with anything IMO. They are an easy snack at that size, and too frail to really defend themselves.

Skrick

yeah Im putting them by themselves till they grow and picking the best of the crop waiting till they are bigger