Black on Black

exoticaquaria

Sharing my F2 BD pair. They are keeping their clean spotting which i really like and have gotten a lot bigger since I got them. Male is roughly 14 inch and Female 16 inch.

Enjoy!

DSC_4621.jpg

DSC_4625.jpg

DSC_4628.jpg

exoticaquaria

Chen, they are eating hikari and prawn only. Hoping ill get some action by the end of the year!

Last edited:

hondas3000

That loaches Mike glue it to the tank. Because Everytime I see that tank its stay in same spot hehhehe. your 36w UV is really over kill for this tank Mike

exoticaquaria

loach is about 12 inches. could be longer but the rays nip away at his tail fins lol. hes extremely round and fat that he cant even sit properly and always leans against the glass lol. only ever moves around when i feed carnivore pellets. he goes nuts for those. i got this loach from theo around 10 inches? maju import about 2 years ago. quite impressed with 1 inch growth per year since i know loaches grow extremely slow, especially at this size.

david the 36 watts is ok! doing the job well in keeping the water clear!

ive never raised any black rays to this size before. im quite happy to get this kind of growth out of this pair in about a year. i think they came in june 6 or 16th of 2011. hopefully some breeding action by the end of the year or early next year.

Last edited:

Raymann88

How often do you do water changes or are you on a drip system? What are your water parameters like in Vancouver?

Last edited:

exoticaquaria

i do wc once a week at 40 percent at a time. i wish i had a drip system but no faucet or drain close to my tank! would save me an hr each week for wc. draining is easy since i just run a pump and hose out the front door. filling the 40% takes a little while.

water here is about 6 out of the tap. i use baking soda and crush coral to buffer the ph to 7.