CV Maju BBXB 1 mth update

tomuhs

Was asked by someone to provide updates so here goes.

I have been feeding my aro twice a day with MP soaked in crushed pellets and occasionally treating him/her with some SW (vitamin soaked 1x a week.)

Haven't really noticed much aside from the belly getting bigger lol. The blue base is coming in a bit stronger but aside from that, same old Aro.

Still no pearlies on top but I ain't complaining! I wonder when Aros typically start developing pearlies near the dorsal fin. Would love to hear any feed back neg or pos.

Thx for dropping by.

Attachments

• IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_3211.jpg
    IMG_3211.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 711

tomuhs

So it's been a while since i've last done an update. Almost coming up on a year now; wow the Aro sure has grown. Been feeding him a varied diet over the years and he goes through his fits and is pretty picky. Also, my friend and I both agree that he sure is one aggressive fellow; maybe a jardini in its past life.

Going to start tanning as of today so I will try to update later.

Enjoy

photovap.jpg

bbxb.jpg

tankfy.jpg

Last edited:

hondas3000

If no pearlies then no pearlies, this is why aro price is different. I have a bbxb too but different farm and my rtg has more blue base then my bbxb :(. Your is so much like hbrtg.

tomuhs

nice i like the new change on the tank

Thanks bro! Your WT was the inspiration!

If no pearlies then no pearlies, this is why aro price is different. I have a bbxb too but different farm and my rtg has more blue base then my bbxb :(. Your is so much like hbrtg.

Agreed my friend. There's always hope since I'm willing to wait up to 2-4 years for the Aro to develop but he's definitely a HBRTG: no pearlies nor any shine on the 6th level. Maju def dropped the ball on this guy and it seems that their brood stock has some mix blood in it. There is hope though since I do see some gold rims forming on the 5 th level; but no pearlies as you mentioned and the blue base only comes through at certain angles.

How does your RTG compare in terms of shine vs your bbxb?

Mind posting a pic?

hondas3000

Here are some pics so you can see the different, they all more then 2 years old.

Panda bbxb, no pearlies or cross and gold tone is white, worst then my HBRTG
bbxbaro_zps001f934b.jpg

Here is my favorite Aro. Panda Gold Supreme also call HBRTG. I have no complain for this fish :)
pandaHBRTG_zpsa9041077.jpg

Maju RTG
majurtg_zps512b4960.jpg

maju red
majured_zpsa1059a03.jpg

what you see in young aro is what you get when older, the only different is the color is more intense. Look at Chen xb for example it is a high grade so there is no complain about it, and his bbxb is truly xb as well.

tomuhs

Here are some pics so you can see the different, they all more then 2 years old.

what you see in young aro is what you get when older, the only different is the color is more intense. Look at Chen xb for example it is a high grade so there is no complain about it, and his bbxb is truly xb as well.

I must say I really appreciate you taking the time to post pictures of your fish. They all so sumo and defect free! Love it. What are you feeding them? I'm assuming varied diet and probably all pellet trained being in a comm and all.

You must have a strong heart! Aros look like they like to fight even swimming in that huge tank.

I think this open things up for a good discussion regarding arowana development. I do see your point, that you get what you pay for. It seems that you can accurately grade xbacks, rtgs and HBRTG at around 6'' and, although it is rare, most tend to stay the way they are in terms of quality. I know genetics play a big role, but having seen pictures of the brood stock I'm a little confused as to why lots of the babies turned out to be HBRTG. "Dont see cert, see fish! (crappy fobby accent)"

So you're not happy with the development with your BBXB. It seems ur BBXB is the highest crossed aro and does have little specks on the 6th level and some shine near the pearl line...hard to tell. I'm sure he would turn out really nice if his frames filled out evenly. TBH I'd be pretty happy with him over mine haha.

What's not to love about your Panda HBRTG: spoon heard, clearly defined lower pearlies and very blue deep base. Looks boss. Who's the alpha? haha

How do you feel about your Majus? They look like they are turning out nicely; the RTG is pretty much a HBRTG (which leads my to believe that mine is a cross between HBRTG and BBXB) and your red is tight! Got a white hue to it too!

Last edited:

hondas3000

I must say I really appreciate you taking the time to post pictures of your fish. They all so sumo and defect free! Love it. What are you feeding them? I'm assuming varied diet and probably all pellet trained being in a comm and all.

You must have a strong heart! Aros look like they like to fight even swimming in that huge tank.

I think this open things up for a good discussion regarding arowana development. I do see your point, that you get what you pay for. It seems that you can accurately grade xbacks, rtgs and HBRTG at around 6'' and, although it is rare, most tend to stay the way they are in terms of quality. I know genetics play a big role, but having seen pictures of the brood stock I'm a little confused as to why lots of the babies turned out to be HBRTG. "Dont see cert, see fish! (crappy fobby accent)"

So you're not happy with the development with your BBXB. It seems ur BBXB is the highest crossed aro and does have little specks on the 6th level and some shine near the pearl line...hard to tell. I'm sure he would turn out really nice if his frames filled out evenly. TBH I'd be pretty happy with him over mine haha.

What's not to love about your Panda HBRTG: spoon heard, clearly defined lower pearlies and very blue deep base. Looks boss. Who's the alpha? haha

How do you feel about your Majus? They look like they are turning out nicely; the RTG is pretty much a HBRTG (which leads my to believe that mine is a cross between HBRTG and BBXB) and your red is tight! Got a white hue to it too!

Well all my aro eat sole fish and prawn only but mainly sole fish as prawn is to expensive to feed them with ray.

To me the xb must have pearlies and up to 6th level shine if xb doesn't have that then I rather pay for hbrtg instead since that is how hbrtg look like without pearlies and high shine. But over all as long as you can raise it from small you tend to have more feeling to it, even when it turn out ugly and that is how I truly love my hbrtg even though its nothing special but because it is my first asian aro.

As for strong heart, that because my hbrtg is the boss of the tank so I am ok for other to fight with each other. What you see on damage of the fish now is because of the new green and maju rtg I just add so they will fight for a bit and now everyone is cool now. I once have a tailapia sucking on aro scale and make so much damage that's why you see some damage on my hbrtg now.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Great photos and information, very useful for people new to aros to have a look at.

I can only add that ultimately it is up to the farm to stand up behind the reputation of their fish. If a fish farm stands behind the quality of their fish and the fish are priced fairly for what is received then the farm will continue to make sales. This is why threads like this one made by hobbyists who have no bias are so important for people new to the hobby.

tomuhs

Well all my aro eat sole fish and prawn only but mainly sole fish as prawn is to expensive to feed them with ray.

To me the xb must have pearlies and up to 6th level shine if xb doesn't have that then I rather pay for hbrtg instead since that is how hbrtg look like without pearlies and high shine. But over all as long as you can raise it from small you tend to have more feeling to it, even when it turn out ugly and that is how I truly love my hbrtg even though its nothing special but because it is my first asian aro.

As for strong heart, that because my hbrtg is the boss of the tank so I am ok for other to fight with each other. What you see on damage of the fish now is because of the new green and maju rtg I just add so they will fight for a bit and now everyone is cool now. I once have a tailapia sucking on aro scale and make so much damage that's why you see some damage on my hbrtg now.

Nice, I wanna try getting my fish on silversides for the same reason. I am currently marinating the fish but no one's taking cept some rays. How was training your aro on sole? Did it take long?

You know it's funny; my friend is always bugging me to sell my HBRTG but I keep telling that he's my first asian aro and he's been really lucky to me, in other ways. I'm not really the spiritual or religious type but ever since getting my aro, my life has changed for the better. Not trying to rub it in but I give credit to my aro for my luck in the raffles hehe. :D

Re: XB and 6th level I agree. It seems that consumers can be picky these days and that pearlies and 6th level at 6'' is now the norm due to generations of selective breeding. For Canadians, most of us do not have the ability to go see the fish in person b4 purchasing thus it is important to trust in farms and distributors. Hopefully the aro will continue to cross.

That's good that your kosher with the fighting; I'll be adding some more Aros for a comm later as well but I'm going to be adding them all in a new environment at the same time. Let's hope things work out!

Great photos and information, very useful for people new to aros to have a look at.

I can only add that ultimately it is up to the farm to stand up behind the reputation of their fish. If a fish farm stands behind the quality of their fish and the fish are priced fairly for what is received then the farm will continue to make sales. This is why threads like this one made by hobbyists who have no bias are so important for people new to the hobby.

Agreed Theo. The farm has stepped up in this case due to your help persisting so thank you for your efforts! Let's see if they can deliver; I'm hoping mine will one day turn out as nice as Bcarlos' red.

I were to do it again with more time and patience, I would purchase a comm group, select the best and sell the rest. Case in point are Glamits last two CV Maju reds :eek:!