DFI 24K squirt

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Not quite 6 inches yet. Having a hell of a time getting a decent pic. This guy runs for the hills when I lift the camera. Here's a crappy pic of him. :)

feb25-24K1.jpg

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Thanks!

I removed the dark sand today. The tank is barebottom for now until I decide whether I want to do wtt with this guy or not.

mbkato

wow gerry i'm so jealous about your aros DFI where did you buy it this aro from i have senn one like this in person i love to buy one to add to my collection.:)

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
wow gerry i'm so jealous about your aros DFI where did you buy it this aro from i have senn one like this in person i love to buy one to add to my collection.:)

Picked it up at a shop called Fish Gallery in Winnipeg. This fish apparently came through a broker in Toronto. That's all I know. :)

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
hi! thanks gerry does he have any DFI aros left for sale and the prices on them. thanks gerry.

Sorry, no he doesn't. He only hd the one. He did bring in 2 Merlion xb from dreamfish (I think) and Albert aka carcrazy already took one of those.

Yew Wing (Owner of Fish Gallery) only brings in a limited amount of aros at one time. Winnipeg is a fairly small market for asian aros.

James Sananikone

Thanks!

I removed the dark sand today. The tank is barebottom for now until I decide whether I want to do wtt with this guy or not.

Very nice 24k XB with a lot of potential, I like the body shape, big tail and finnage.

You should keep the dark sand to prevent drop eye. From 6-10" the chance to have a drop eye still big. The WTT will help him to develop his shine faster, I will keep the white back ground until 10" before changing to black or blue. Change to the white back ground and take new pictures you will see what I mean !

Cheers .

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
Very nice 24k XB with a lot of potential, I like the body shape, big tail and finnage.

You should keep the dark sand to prevent drop eye. From 6-10" the chance to have a drop eye still big. The WTT will help him to develop his shine faster, I will keep the white back ground until 10" before changing to black or blue. Change to the white back ground and take new pictures you will see what I mean !

Cheers .

Thanks!

I already removed the sand. What's the rationale for dark substrate preventing drop eye?

carcrazy

I have my Merlion Premium xb from the Dream Fish farm in a planted tank. I hope she doesn't get any drop eye. Hopefully the dither fish will keep her attention more towards the middle of the tank. And I am feeding her market shrimp which is less fatty than superworms (which she gets as a treat).