Dreamfish XB

tomuhs

Sup all. Hope everyone's enjoying the end of summer.

Just wanted to share some pics of my xb.

gb6u.jpg

7r4c.jpg

Appetite is amazing and is also pellet trained to eat massivore off the bottom. Still recovering from drop scale; was a bit concerned that it wouldn't come back but looks good to me.

Comments welcome.

Have a good day.

tomuhs

As per your request Mike. One of these days, i'm going to need to pull out the DSLR.

sxt8.jpg

Any tips to groom GH would be great. So far i've been stinking with frequent water changes, and varied diet. No tanning what so ever but perhaps in the future.

Have a good day.

exoticaquaria

As per your request Mike. One of these days, i'm going to need to pull out the DSLR.

sxt8.jpg

Any tips to groom GH would be great. So far i've been stinking with frequent water changes, and varied diet. No tanning what so ever but perhaps in the future.

Have a good day.

Amazing piece! Def golden head lol. The masheers will be a nice addition to his tank in the future!

tomuhs

Here's a quick update to my Xback. Really happy with how this fish is turning out. He is eating so much that some of the scales burst out initially...thankfully color came all back. GH has faded a bit but not beyond the 90% that is promised...even in white tank. I've been told that its best to use fgt or to have the tank painted from the inside but I never went so far as to do that. Lately the blue coloration has begun to settle in. Can't wait to see how this guy grows out.

kimrocks

Very nice!

My understanding is that extended exposure to light (without necessarily the need for expensive tanning lamps/bulbs) would normally provide the tanning needed.

David's Red Aro (Hondas3000) looked so different after just a few weeks of more exposure (extended hours) to lamp lights. The Redness stood out a lot more.

tomuhs

Looking great! What lighting are you using?

Cheers man. How's your setup been? Your aro should be pretty big now!

Hmm forgot what brand but they are just some simple LEDS.

Very nice!

My understanding is that extended exposure to light (without necessarily the need for expensive tanning lamps/bulbs) would normally provide the tanning needed.

David's Red Aro (Hondas3000) looked so different after just a few weeks of more exposure (extended hours) to lamp lights. The Redness stood out a lot more.

Thanks for the insight. Weird but I notice higher shine when i leave the lights out for longer periods. I have a gold bulb but been decided to keep it off with just the white ones.

Looks fantastic! Keep up the great work.

Thanks bud. Very happy pellet trained. Whacks the pellets as if they were crickets.