Fall 2007 Order

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I have been brought up to date on the situation by Kenta and Mr.Kan via email.

First of all, Mr.Kan is honouring Panda's 24 DOA policy, even though we are fairly certain the fault lay on our end in Vancouver. I want to publicy thank Mr.Kan for his generosity and trust in this matter. It is only when something bad happens that you find out who your friends are. Thank you Mr.Kan.

Second, Kenta will resolve the situation to ensure customer sastisafaction. That is our promise and guarantee. We have never had anyone purchase a fish through us who leaves unhappy. We are not about to change this!

Third, I want to publicy support Kenta during what has been a very stressful few days. Bad luck happens.

Fourth, I am already thinking of ways to ensure that this never happens again. Besides ensuring clean water is always kept on hand for arriving fish, I think we should also begin having additional fish on hand to account for the loss of any given fish. We have never lost a fish before, and so are shocked that it happened. We need to learn from this experience and improve our process. From this point forward we will make it our policy to have additional fish stock on hand and stored/aged water.

So, we are learning. I hope that everyone out there who is participating in this forum can learn from our experience. This is just one more way in which we can all learn together.

We will keep you posted as to how this whole saga plays out.

DragonfishExotics

My condolences, its a very sad day whenan aro dies. If I have learned anything from owning a reef, is that maybe we should look more into RO units, or some people I know use the big jugs of bottled water. Tap water quality always seems to be going up and down. And just like what happend to Kenta, we cant test for it. Kenta is a very experienced hobbist, not his fault he could have never known. This could have happend to any of us. I have found a supplier for RO units in canada they are deffenately getting cheaper.

Alx

Sorry to hear that bro, (if it kills fish - it will also have lasting / damaging effect on people), we have same problem in Saskatoon, I lost 4 Discuses 3 years ego due to the same problem, but instead of acclimatization I was just doing regular water-changes.
So I use only filtered water for my family consummation and for fish.

EKen

Super Moderator
Sorry about your lost. Shit happens sometimes...

But on a good note, that Mr. Kan seems like a very nice guy. I don't think most LFS would have done the same thing. But let's not get it started here...;)

Last edited:

protoxeno

Wow Mr. Kan is really nice ! Can't believe it when I hear this, clearly the RIP is on our side but Mr. Kan still fully support us.

Eken: Yeah lets not get started here about LFS.

Dragonfish exotics: I am interested to hear more about these RO units, I am pretty new in equipment for reefs and things so does these RO units will filter out the toxins that kenta faced in his water supply? I thought the RO units will only filter out the basic stuff.

And that marbled xback looks really good, the rims is actually kinda redish.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
yikes

Sorry to hear about that Kenta. I can't imagine what you went thru during that time.

Glad everything will get resolved.

protoxeno

(for Protoxeno)
RO or reverse osmosis - pulls water through membrane - after number of other filters that you set, based on your water's initial quality - all you have left is pure H2O if setup is correct (somewhat soft and low pH 6.0) .
here is Canadian link on some household units http://www.gtawater.com/assets/reverse_osmosis.htm?gclid=CMmT34nbmZACFTaEOAody0Mb8A

Thanks guess is strong enough to filter out the toxins not just iron etc etc, Seems you need to store those H2O somewhere, Possible to just hook it up to a pump back to the tank?

babymack

i Kenta i was very sorry when i got your e-mail today about the blue x-back.... sorry to hear how it happend. but you guys deff know cutomer service:) also the fish looked real nice damn.... can't wait for the other 1!!!! again sorry to hear......

Alx

(for Protoxeno)
In my case the set-up I am making is 4x55GL barrels inner-connected, and RO water is collected there, each barrel has babbler for aeration - so water doesn't get stale and for all of them one water heater (350w) and a water pump 1500 GL/h - that will be mixed with Filtered water (Carbon filter) from the tap at 2:1 ratio.
I also seen "drip" system were small RO (65gl Per Day) applied in to the W/D filter system and excess of old water leaves through overflow in to the drain. - the only problem with this system is when you do a water change you have no prepared water to use.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Okay - some good news to report! All fish have been shipped to owners and arrived in excellent health!

We have a whole bunch of photographs to publish of this batch of fish. The photos will be published as soon as we get them from the photographer.

protoxeno

With an RO filter you basically have to premake your water ahead of time. Is a pain in the ass, but most people with reefs swear on it.

Yeah I agree thats a pain to stored the age water, but it would make it near 100% toxins free and no worries. I wish they make a RO unit that is live meaning like UV units, u attach to filter system and it just filters out as it goes along. THAT would be awesome.