FS: Imperial Chili Red Arowana and tankmates

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozen-fire

Hey guys,

Putting up my friend for sale :(
Will be moving out soon and getting out of the hobby. I have already reduced my tanks from 10 to 2. After this fish sells, I will be selling the 180 it's in.

He's been with me since early 2008.

Chili red from Imperial Arowana.

Currently about 18-20". Fed mainly SW gut loaded with carrots, aro sticks, tetra colourbits. He also takes other food items such as earthworms, crickets, shrimps, and small minnows (dead and frozen). Does not take pellets.

The absolute tamest and most laid back aro I have ever owned (and I've had a few). Does not go after small tankmates ever. Has grown up with small fish such as 3" clown loaches. It tends to keep a larger IT in check though once in a while. It's funny watching the CL run up and down it's body and around it's head, and it doesn't really do anything.

In the past, this fish was housed with a similarly sized black aro. As they got older, the black ended up harassing this red and I had to sell it off. It's kind of a wimp really.

The fish has no drop eye, no protuding lower jaw, perfect barbels, scales, etc.

Included with this chili red will be the following:

- about 9" 3 Bar IT
- 5-6" 3 Bar IT
- 5-6" clown loach
- Two 3-4" clown loach

All these fish are currently housed in a standard 180G tank. Black tahitian moon sand, some pieces of driftwood, Fluval FX5, Rena XP4.
Lighting is from a Hagen GLO T5 HO 48" system with an actinic bulb and a colour-max bulb.
The tank is dark in general with the black sand and the fish appear darker. Especially the dats.
If you want the tank as part of the deal, we can work something out.

I am FIRM on $1000 for the chili red and tankmates. Want to see it go to a good home.

chili14.jpg

chili13.jpg

chili12.jpg

chili11.jpg

chili10.jpg

chili9.jpg

chili8.jpg

chili7.jpg

chili6.jpg

chili5.jpg

chili4.jpg

chili3.jpg

chili2.jpg

chili1.jpg

frozen-fire

I prefer not to ship as I really have no experience with shipping anything... especially something like a live fish. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.