Guess what arowana this is?

Cypher

Went to the LFS today and came across a batch of interesting arowanas. The owner gave me a price I couldnt refuse. I know what strain it is already, however I am curious to see if you guys can decipher it :)

3177999890_6de4195749_b.jpg

3178001838_4f1c81fd96_b.jpg

Yuppa

Super Moderator
sooo tiny its hard to tell..

initially i thought rtg, but its got a nice shine, possible xback?

Cypher

I guess it is a bit small to tell. Damn, anyways its a "Golden Red" arowana from Dinamika Kapuas. Its supposed to be a Red Arowana crossed with a HBRTG? I thought it was quite interesting, and I paid around the same as an RTG, so I figured Id give it a shot and see what it would look like when it grows. Cheers =)

m_class2g

Sponsor
wow interesting. so what type is stated on the cert? would be interesting to see what he develops into. basically a lower grade tong yan. thats pretty cool. havent seen/heard of red/rtg before. do take pics when the fish gets older! keep us updated!

Cypher

The Cert just says "Golden Red Arowana". Ya I was thinking it was a low grade TY. Will be interesting for sure.

EKen

Super Moderator
Wow, how could I have guess that. Really interesting type, keep us updated, I really want to know how it looks like older. Plus I think RTG price for it is pretty worth it.

senthus

Very nice fish.

If you take alook at the classifieds, you'll find out what it turns out into at 13-14" in length