HD video of my Aro and tank mates.

Sygoomei

Well I *just* posted this video on BCA and within 20 minutes I'd received a pm saying that I should really be posting it here as well. So here it is:'

This is taken with the new 2009 underwater Sanyo Xacti in 720p. The youtube video doesn't look anywhere as nice as it does on my ps3 on a tv, but it's still fairly impressive.

I still have a lot to learn about the camera and it would be nice if the lighting didn't glare so badly against the aro's colours, but this was my very first aquarium submersion video. I can cut and splice together videos on the camera so I'll be making some compilation videos in the near future.

Last edited:

James Sananikone

Underwater Cam ... Cool !!! Nice fishs too. Thanks for sharing. :)

By the way, How long does it take you to upload a 1 min. HD on youtube.

Sygoomei

The video took about 15-20 min to upload and about 10-15 to process into HD. It was watchable in 640x480 by the first time however.

Sygoomei

What would the people around here like to see next? The Aro vids don't turn out as nice as the Phoenix, Bichir and IT ones. I've yet to try a 50 iso vid, but even then I have a hard time believing the colours will be as vibrant and clear as I'd like them.

I edited a few quick vids I shot at the Van Aquarium in the Amazon section. An aquarist from there was talking to me a few weeks ago and told me that they had 10-12" phoenix there. Well it turns out they're maybe 5-8" long. If I'd given them my smaller one all those months ago she'd be 2-3 times larger than the biggest one they have there now. It's a short 48 second vid. If there's interest I could upload it--but now I have a firm grasp with cutting snippets out of vids and adjoining them together.

James Sananikone

What would the people around here like to see next? The Aro vids don't turn out as nice as the Phoenix, Bichir and IT ones. I've yet to try a 50 iso vid, but even then I have a hard time believing the colours will be as vibrant and clear as I'd like them.

I edited a few quick vids I shot at the Van Aquarium in the Amazon section. An aquarist from there was talking to me a few weeks ago and told me that they had 10-12" phoenix there. Well it turns out they're maybe 5-8" long. If I'd given them my smaller one all those months ago she'd be 2-3 times larger than the biggest one they have there now. It's a short 48 second vid. If there's interest I could upload it--but now I have a firm grasp with cutting snippets out of vids and adjoining them together.

I can see somebody is enjoying a new toy here ! ... Post it ... :D

I have recorded my 220g Ray-ARO tank with my HD too, but still not have enough patience to load it on youtube ! Maybe I should try now ...:p