HELP on how to pickup fish from airport

Hey guys
I Ordered something from Mike at H20 and he shipping via westjet.
Since this is my first time, how would the process work?
what papers do i need and what do i do?
Where is westjet cargo and etc.
Sorry but im kinda nervous about this whole thing.

RDFISHGUY

You should be able to find out where cargo is on the net. You will have to go to customs once you get the paperwork from cargo. There you will have to pay GST. If you are a commercial entity there is some other paperwork you need to have. PM Cirrus or Boydo for the full run down as these guys do a lot of importing. Contact customs to find out what paperwork you are going to need.

bcarlos

no number you need nothing to import that fish.canada customs will ask you if its buisness or personal.if you say buisness than you need to provide import permit.but since its personal its fine.

No import permit is required for rays, although I have heard that occasionally AB requires a health certificate. In Toronto, you do indeed need an import number, whether it's business or personal. The first time I imported fish, I made the mistake of not having this number, and it made for quite a scolding at customs :D

I'm not sure what the process is for setting up an import number for non-businesses, but I know it's free. You can call Canada Customs here in Toronto and ask (I believe it can even be done over the phone).

If Mike has paid the freight fee before hand (likely the case-- you can tell by looking at the invoice), you will not have to pay anything to WestJet.

As far as customs fees, the tariff for ornamental fish is 5%, so you're looking at 5% of the total invoice BEFORE freight.

Good luck!

chen88

Super Moderator
Sup.! Why are you not asking mike? It should be part of his customer service! Unless it's his first time shipping to Toronto! He should be able to guide you! That's why I try to buy locally but matts done ok too

Last edited: