HELP: Vancouver, BC - Asian Aro Sourcing - 5/20-24th

JLee

Hello everyone!

My name is Jeff and I'm new to this site but am in no way new to fish keeping. I guess this will be my introduction and ask for help in one.

Anyways, I will be coming into Vancouver from Toronto on the 20th for my brothers graduation. I want to give him a graduation gift and surprise by purchasing him an Asian Aros. I don't want to get into too much details about his setup, just in case he's a member! I need someone to help me find sources for some smaller 6-7" BBXB and SR - reason for the size is that we (my brother and I) have always found it more rewarding growing them out.

I know that I could always pick one up locally in Toronto at a place Lucky's (btw they have awesome deals), but it is just such a hassle to bring/ship them.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. I'm going to be staying from the 20th through 24th (flight at 9AM). I have already contacted Dragonfish CA, but it looks like I JUST barely missed that group buy by a hair.

If anyone can help, my brother and I would owe a gratitude to you all. :D

Best Regards,
JLee

JLee

Thanks m_class2g and everyone else who PM'd me with information. It has been extremely helpful!

b-man

i would suggest a gift certificate if possible, i don't know about your brother, but most people prefer to pick my own..

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Forum member Kenta has a couple fish for sale; he has not posted here for a long time, but he might have a fish you could buy. Otherwise you can try Jay at arovillage (a store) in Vancouver. He probably has some stock. Chances are the prices will be higher for similar quality, but the benefit is you get to choose the fish.

I am trying to give you unbiased advice here. Obviously I hope the arrival schedule of the Maju fish will work for you. If not, you get your money back or else I ship the fish where ever you want.

Normally I have these kinds of discussions with people exclusively by email but in this case the communication seems to be half private/half public. I'd suggest we keep it private from here on out till the fish land if you don't mind.

JLee

Normally I have these kinds of discussions with people exclusively by email but in this case the communication seems to be half private/half public. I'd suggest we keep it private from here on out till the fish land if you don't mind.

Of course, I can respect that. :)