Henlei pup #2

tman

Super Moderator
Another male pup today from the same female as the previous pup. Took 2 quick pics and some better ones coming in a few days when I have more time.

tman

Super Moderator
Forgot to say this pup is already eating carnivore pellets. I find if you are feeding the parents good food and not strictly worms or shrimp then you will have no problem feeding the pups when they are born. Since all my rays eat any kind of pellet or frozen with the occasional dew worm(less then 4 times a year) I have no problems feeding my pups or getting them to eat pellets. This pup turned it's nose up to the shrimp!:D

exoticaquaria

Forgot to say this pup is already eating carnivore pellets. I find if you are feeding the parents good food and not strictly worms or shrimp then you will have no problem feeding the pups when they are born. Since all my rays eat any kind of pellet or frozen with the occasional dew worm(less then 4 times a year) I have no problems feeding my pups or getting them to eat pellets. This pup turned it's nose up to the shrimp!:D

I agree! My new born pups were fed straight on pellets.

Also the black diamond ray pups that my friend produced were fed straight carnivore!

tman

Super Moderator
This pup is up for sale on Kijiji as the buyer backed out of the presale. Eating strictly massivore and carnivore.

bcarlos

Very nice little pup. Looks like you might be getting some king spotting on the front right. I'd hold onto her for a little bit and see how that develops. King spotting is very desirable.

tman

Super Moderator
Very nice little pup. Looks like you might be getting some king spotting on the front right. I'd hold onto her for a little bit and see how that develops. King spotting is very desirable.

Thanks, I wish I could keep him but no room at the moment so he is hanging out in a floating tub for now. Doesn't seem to mind it at all. Very active little guy. His father keeps coming up to the tub and swims all around even upside down and underneath it and he seems to be sniffing out his son. Funny as only his father is the one constantly investigating the tub and trying to find out what's inside. I wonder if they can sense their own pups?