Hi from Portland, Oregon

sonny503

name is Sonny and I'm from Portland, hence the 503 area code.

I've been in this hobby for over 13 plus years now. I've kept most of everything, from community, predator, salt, reef, and even bred many african cichlids, but the one fish I never got a hold of was the asian arrowana. :)

I've sold many of my tanks of 55s, 60s, 90, 180s, 250 and even my 460.

I and hoping I can get a 8X3X2 so I can house some Freshwater Stingrays.
since asian arrows are illegal here I can only dream to own them, :)
I've had all the legal arrowanas, just not the same!

It's been awhile since I visit Vancouver BC, used to go up there twice a year to visit Bigals in Richmond and a few lfs stores there. Its been several years since I have last visited Vancouver BC.

I am in the market for a Black Aro, I can get it online for $120 plus shipping for $65, but it is more meaningful if I can get it while in BC.

any Vancouver BC members here can point me where I can visit to see more Asian arrows would be great, I'm not looking to buy since I can't get it across the boarder, I would love to window shop

If the forum ever have a Vancouver BC fish meet let me, know would love to meet some people in the BC area.

I can be reach at [email protected] thanks

I now have a wide 72X18X20 for growout of 18 Clown Loaches, and I have a 75 growing out a Jardini, Ornate Bichir.

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
welcome Sonny...hope you enjoy your time here and learn from our great members and also we learn from you as well!.

sonny503

BTW the Jar and Ornate growing in the 75 is temporarily. the Jar likely going to a 240 and the Ornate to a 460 gallon in the future. sorry I couldn't add this note to previous post.

hondas3000

I am from Vancouver and I do go to Portland a lot in summer time. If you do come on the weekend then you can drop me a pm and I can take you around for window shopping and hoping next time I am Portland you can show me all the fish store there as well.

sonny503

hondas3000, show you Portland, anytime. We have one fish store here that is somewhat decent. Wet Spot, or it's parent company Cichlidexchange.com, otherwise all the rest is same old same old. that would be sweet, wife's side of the family lives in Seattle and I will be up there end of January, if things work out I may go to Vancouver for Thursday night, and return to Seattle Friday the 28th.