Is this good Quality Red Gold>???

RTG

Hey guys my friend is thinking about buying an aro, but is somewhat skeptical about the quality and is curious about the know farm at which the aro came from. We tried going to the website but the site seems to have issues with loading though it could be just our connection issues maybe... not sure.

All in all do you think this is a good deal?? $450cdn. ??

But here is the Aro's cert info:
Farm: PT. Dinamika Kapuas (Indonesia)
Aro type: Golden Red

Any wise dragons want to give their 2cents on this??
Thanks.

picture.php

picture.php

m_class2g

Sponsor
i think for 450 its not a bad deal. if the list price is 450, you may want to talk it down to 400 because juding from the pics, the fish could have PLJ or eventually develop PLJ. pic is a little blurry so i could be wrong. besides that, the aro looks to have a nice slight spoon head and big fan tail. its hard to see the level of shine from the picture. overall a very nice piece if he doesnt have PLJ.

magic aro

Frank's Aquarium in Markham have a good deal going for RTG. Quite a few to choose from and all from Dinamika Kapuas.

RTG

first of all what pics??? i dont see no pics..

i picked up a baby RTG from Frank's Aquarium a few months ago. its a Dinamika Kapuas's golden red. paid 300+tax. i'll take some pics later, and show you how it looks at 8".

you get what you pay for in this hobby...

another option with $450
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-oth...-AROWANA-WITH-PLJ-FOR-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ201254647

Really? you bough one for 300+tax? Yes plz do show me some pics I'm sure my friend would love to see your pics of aro from Franks AQ. and same farm.

So whats the difference? I've seen other RTG's being sold for $599 at other aro places but the RTG's farm is 'Dragon Industry' Singapore. Why do some RTG's go for 300? and others are 600? Is there a big difference to color when the RTG's grow up? and I do Believe in what you pay is what you get. Esspecially in this hobby. =)

Thanks all for reply's

Oh! and I saw that Elkindo red before and told my friend about it but he wants to buy an RTG. lol... The Elkindo is probably sold OP posted ad on May 9th. and that Elkindo is a really good deal. I think that Elkindo(if everything is legit with cert etc..) is a good buy. I'd do it for sure if I didn't have my RTG.

Last edited:

hondas3000

To me all RTG is the same, there is nothing you can look for beside the price. The only different is you might get lucky then your RTG will turn into HBRTG, but chances are very low. So for RTG I would go for the lowest price not the farm.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
To me all RTG is the same, there is nothing you can look for beside the price. The only different is you might get lucky then your RTG will turn into HBRTG, but chances are very low. So for RTG I would go for the lowest price not the farm.

I think Indo RTG will almost never be HBRTG. They are the classic variety,
4th level shine only. If you are lucky you will get a bit of gold flakes on 5th level but that is all. Still, the colour of the gold on adult Indo RTG's is very rich in my opinion.

Singapore RTG's are almost all hybridized to some extent, having some XB kicking around in their genes. That is why they almost always turn out to be HBRTG, shine onto 5 th and even gold flecks or shine on 6th.

hondas3000

I think Indo RTG will almost never be HBRTG. They are the classic variety,
4th level shine only. If you are lucky you will get a bit of gold flakes on 5th level but that is all. Still, the colour of the gold on adult Indo RTG's is very rich in my opinion.

Singapore RTG's are almost all hybridized to some extent, having some XB kicking around in their genes. That is why they almost always turn out to be HBRTG, shine onto 5 th and even gold flecks or shine on 6th.

I wouldn't say always turn out to be HBRTG, it is just pure luck. There is lots of aro out there that said HBRTG but do look like RTG so no one can guarantee a full 5th level shine for HBRTG either.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
i had a Golden red from PT. Dinamika Kapuas that I bought last year. Really nice shape on their rtgs. Nice classic fish

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I wouldn't say always turn out to be HBRTG, it is just pure luck. There is lots of aro out there that said HBRTG but do look like RTG so no one can guarantee a full 5th level shine for HBRTG either.

Originally the true "old school" rtg only came from Sumatra. It was/is native to the rivers there. The farms in Singapore began importing them to breed, and ended up crossbreeding them with XB's. I don't know of any farm that breeds "old school" rtg's in Singapore, I think all their stock is contaminated with XB genes. Just my opinion based on my observation, I could be wrong.

m_class2g

Sponsor
my rtg was suppose to be a "classic" rtg from xien leng. after 7 years, he isnt high back or anything but still developed nearly half of his 5th level. i think today, because of the high demand for "nicer" rtgs, the rtg bloodlines are def mixed with xback genes since farms want to maximize profit on nicer looking rtgs. im pretty sure not too many farms out there would want to breed classic rtgs since there isnt a demand for them. they have to keep up with our demands/expected standards. classic rtg or mixed blood fish, they are all nice.

IMG_1509.jpg

Manila Red

I would do the Elkindo Sr for 450 in a heartbeat, even with plj and all its still an Sr and an elkindo.... even if you swim across the seas to Jakarta, theres no way you can get Elkindo 450 cad, and if they happen to sell you @ 450 cad it might be for more or less 25 pcs..... thanks for and lets all have a good of whats left in the month of May!