keeping 2 aro together

hondas3000

Have anyone here keeping 2 Asian aro in the same thank? I am thinking of keeping one super red and HBRTG together and they are pretty much 9". I have seen people keeping 1, 3 or more then that but haven't heard of anyone having 2. If I do they are not going in the same tank together. I already had 1 and thinking to buy another 1, so I afraid the first aro might not like the new guy.

lo sai

its probably not a good idea to put to unless they were a breeding pair.
most ppl keep odd numbers, the least being 3 pieces but what size is your tank?

hondas3000

ouch, good thing I didn't do it yet. The reason I want them in one thank so I can just look at one place and see 2 fishes unlike 2 tank on 2 different direction.
Right now they are in 90G tank, but I am looking for a 200G+ now.

EEYY

Have anyone here keeping 2 Asian aro in the same thank? I am thinking of keeping one super red and HBRTG together and they are pretty much 9". I have seen people keeping 1, 3 or more then that but haven't heard of anyone having 2. If I do they are not going in the same tank together. I already had 1 and thinking to buy another 1, so I afraid the first aro might not like the new guy.

A typical answer is that you should not do that as 95% of chance they will fight. From my experience, I would guess the RTG would attack the red.

however, if you have a 90G tank, you could put both arowanas together with a divider (galss or acrylic) in between. Once they are kind of settle down a bit, you could take out the divider for a while (let's say 5 minutes) in your first try.

If they fight, separate them. If they don't. next time you can take out the divider for a longer time.

Bottom-line is that you might be the 5% lucky person who can do that.

Unless it is a pair, usually it will work better when one Asain arowana (RTG / Red / Green / X-back) makes with a non-Asian arowana (ie silver or black but definitely not Jardini)

In any case, enjoy your new arowanas!!!