King of the MONSTER full tank shot

King-eL

Here is my King of the Monster JDM style tank setup update.
848c96a1.jpg

Joey

JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market. Which is usually a term for Japanese car parts.
In the aquarium world, its used in reference to the stocking style of a tank, but still stands for Japanese Domestic Market.
JDM = LOTS of big fish, bare tank, big filtration. These tanks generally look overstocked, but if done right, they can work.

King-eL

JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market. Which is usually a term for Japanese car parts.
In the aquarium world, its used in reference to the stocking style of a tank, but still stands for Japanese Domestic Market.
JDM = LOTS of big fish, bare tank, big filtration. These tanks generally look overstocked, but if done right, they can work.

Well it actually started with "Just Do Monster" by jlnguyen in MFK but the style of setup was way back started by the spicynoodles a fish hobbyist in Japan. It was later then called Japanese Domistic Market by some people because they are familiar with cars, which offended some of the Japanese fish keepers when they saw some of the tank setup. Also the term Japanese Domistic Market does not really fit. Just Do Monster is best fitted. Also it does have to be bare tank. It can be planted or with driftwood or substrates. The main point is to keep as many fish (Usually big fish and aggressive fish that are suppose to be a species only tank) as possible but still looking healthy and less aggression. Filtration is also very important and food. As well as the maintenance.

jsodwi

Yup thats monster alright! Awesome looking tank. looks like a ton of polys in there too

Mr.wilkinson

Sponsor
Hello
I love your tank style and stocks
here is my question:

How do you deal with your nitrate levels?
Continuous drip ? if so what % of water do you change daily ?

King-eL

Hello
I love your tank style and stocks
here is my question:

How do you deal with your nitrate levels?
Continuous drip ? if so what % of water do you change daily ?

I have an auto drip system so freshwater drips daily. Nitrates stays low and I only do 50% water changes every 1.5 weeks. Sometimes up to 2 weeks due to my busy work schedule of traveling from Canada to US. Also I added another 55g tank and acts like a sump but only for plants to feed on the nitrates. The. Water comes back to the main at about 250 gph. So total tank are 375g main tank, a 55g sump and a 55g refegium. Saves money, electric and hydro bills. Rather than run a bunch of canister filter as they are also hassle to clean.