Large Peacock Bass

GRANDDRAGON

Hey everyone I considering selling my large community of peacock bass. They range in size from 13" to 16 1/2". I am only interested in selling the whole lot. PM me if interested. Here is a video of them.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Do you ship to BC? If so pm me the cost and how many are you selling.

If help is needed for shipping, I suggest asking Brandon to help out; I can provide lots of support information for shipping . It would be kind of similar shipping to all those giant datnoids that I shipped from BC to Ontario a while back.

chen88

Super Moderator
Wow, how that group would look in my tank! :)

But of course I'd have to watch out for my aro. I think my rays should be ok with them.

What are they feeding on?pretty much anything and everything? I'll need a separate freezer to house their food! :)

Pm sent

bcarlos

If help is needed for shipping, I suggest asking Brandon to help out; I can provide lots of support information for shipping . It would be kind of similar shipping to all those giant datnoids that I shipped from BC to Ontario a while back.

Yep, no problem if you need some help shipping. Just shoot me a PM.

Very healthy looking pbass by the way!

GRANDDRAGON

Hi everyone first off is I was not interested in selling out of Ontario but if the offer is good why not.

Next I am not interested in any trades what so ever. I am simply thinning out my collection.

I have a total of over 30 some odd peacock bass. The ones in the video are all up for sale, except the Azuls.

As for feeding them they eat pretty much any type of pellet that is on the market. They are very easy to feed. I am currently feeding hikari cichlid staple,hikari cichlid gold, koi food,trout food, massivore, hikari floating pellets, etc.....
Once every 2-3 months they get a treat of squid, shrimp and assortment of other shell fish, but very rarely. In my mind dry food is by far the best bet and these fish love it.

There is a total of 9-10 of these bass.

Thanx for all the replies and kind responses.

chen88

Super Moderator
Just a general question. How would these guys do with a bunch of stingray, a shoals of 6-7" SD 's ands a st and aro?

chen i can tell you my pbass hate anything shiny like SDs but are perfect with my SR other than the fact the sr hits them from time to time.
Oh and when i did have a ray the azul was nippy at first but all was well..

chen88

Super Moderator
Yeah. My SD are thin vs skinny. They're all around 6-7" diameter at least. Was more concern with my aro and rays.

Thx

my red has moments when he wants to pound the bass and moments where he loves them
i would be worried bout ur SDs more than anything...
i know some people whos cichla have died from nipping ray tails and some people who have had great success
depends on each fish
i sold my marble motoro because i was scared sooner or later the azul would get it..
without the SDs i think cichla would look good in your tank

chen88

Super Moderator
yeah...not too concern about my SD's...they are considered massive compared to whats out there so they should be good to defend themselves....just thinking about having a shoal of Pbass in my tank in the middle and a bunch of black rays on the bottom somewhat appeals to me :)

GRANDDRAGON

I can assure you that I have managed to keep costs of food down by trying different types of feed as mentioned above. On the other hand, to feed that many fish is going to cost money. when i had stingrays my peacock bass do not mind them at all. With my BB silver dollars there was some chasing but it all has to do with territory. they quickly learn their place in the tank. About BB silver dollars I have a large colony also around 19-21 can not remember. Size from 11"-12" and down and all very thick.

chen88

Super Moderator
I can assure you that I have managed to keep costs of food down by trying different types of feed as mentioned above. On the other hand, to feed that many fish is going to cost money. when i had stingrays my peacock bass do not mind them at all. With my BB silver dollars there was some chasing but it all has to do with territory. they quickly learn their place in the tank. About BB silver dollars I have a large colony also around 19-21 can not remember. Size from 11"-12" and down and all very thick.

OK..you know what! you're going to cost me a lot of money!...! stop it! lol

My BB SD's fight with my rays and ST and Aro for full size shrimps!...they are absolute Pigs! and like yours thick...

Last edited:

chen88

Super Moderator
Hey Jay, how about posting what you're price you're looking at selling these guys for?

chen88

Super Moderator
Hey Jay, how about posting what you're price you're looking at selling these guys for?

Prices needed as per posting guidelines....or risk post being deleted altogether although I'm sure by now you have buyers...

please still post price or ask for this to be closed.