looking for microchip scanner

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
It would appear that after I went into his shop and expressed my discontent the seller tooka few days to consider my words and is offering me a straight up trade for a different xback. I'm heading to the shop in the next day or two to check out the other xback.

It would appear that staying calm and respectful in these situations helps a lot. It also helps that I am a repeat customer. ;)

I will update this thread after I've seen the other xb. I honestly don't think he was ripping me off, I think he was selling a premium aro based on his broker's word and reputation.

I've also been doing a lot of reading on arofanatics, and I see more posts where guys are very concerned farms are mixing in low quality xbs with premium xb batches. If this is true, it's avery disturbing trend and can only hurt the industry.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
I'm glad he is taking care of the situation for you.
Is he offering the other 24k?

No, The other 24k has issues. Have you seen it in the last couple of days?

He offered me the merlion and I accepted. It's on the small side but I figured I would get what I can and run.

James Sananikone

Good luck Gerry !

A 24k is an high grade Premium XB, an AA+ or AAA.

Not easy to find at LFS unless you place a special order, most of them are reserved for Japan, Hongkong, China or Thailand ...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
I am not aware of any Merlion fish to have come since Jay did his imports; I wonder if it is one from that time or a more recent import? Dreamfish are nice from what I have seen.

RTG_Gerry

Super Moderator
James, the fish I am unhappy with is a DFI 24K Grade AA Golden crossback. Certed, farm verified, chip scan verified.

Theo, he's had this fish for several months.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
No, The other 24k has issues. Have you seen it in the last couple of days?

He offered me the merlion and I accepted. It's on the small side but I figured I would get what I can and run.

I can't say I looked close but it looked like it had ammonia burns on its fins. Shame those aros were in such small tanks for so long. The rose gold looked good until it got gill curl

peacockbass

I can't say I looked close but it looked like it had ammonia burns on its fins. Shame those aros were in such small tanks for so long. The rose gold looked good until it got gill curl

where is this fish store??...i'm in winnipeg now and quite bored after work hours...lol...