Mixing of my Dragons

Cypher

My RTG tank is currently being replaced, so yesterday I figured I might try to put him in with my Red and watch to see what happens. As soon as I placed the RTG in, they started to square off, the red, being on home turf and larger, won, and took about 2-3 shots at the RTG's tail. BUT after 10 minutes......

They stopped fighting! And began swimming with each other as if they were in a comm. I watched them for the next 2 hours with not a single nip to each other. This morning was the same, no signs of aggression or nipping.

Ill continue to monitor them closely these next few weeks, as I am aware from experience that things can turn on a dime. But here are a few pictures. The RTG has a few tears on his fins from the initial encounter, nothing a few days of melafix wont heal.

I also just received my new DSLR and a few new lenses, so I thought id give it a try. Cheers!

3302484112_7f71ffc5ca_b.jpg

3302483602_a2b70ba5e5_b.jpg

3301652515_594eb09030_b.jpg

Cypher

Mike,

Not replacing the RTG, the RTG's tank is being replaced with a bigger one haha.

Anthony,

Its a Nikon D90, and the lens is a Nikkor 60mm 2.8f.

Cypher

perfectly fine. No aggression at all. During feeding they take turns with the SWs. We'll see how it goes in the next week. When the new tank comes i might just be able to make room for 1 more aro :)