Moved my fish

Marowana420

I've worked up enough courage to move my aro into its new home tonight. after lowering the water my aro started beating on its tankmates, kicking up all the fish poop from under the tiles. i proceed to try to bag the fish i got it in but before i got the bag closed it jumped out. landed in the tank seems okay, going in for the second try but by then i think i'm more scared than than aro was. i got it in the corner and it swam under the bag. %$#@!!! so now with the wife's help it finally went into the bag. emptied most of the water and lifted it out. as soon as it clears the tank it jumped and broke a hole in the bag water started leaking on the floor. i moved my hand to plug that hole and it jumped again breaking another hole, i moved as quickly as i can up a step ladder with nasty fish water pouring in my face. some how managed to get it in the tank before all the water poured out. fish is doing fine in its new tank.

all that trouble and the total distance between tanks is about 8 feet.

chen88

Super Moderator
wow...I'll be doing the same in a couple of weeks myself...I'll be triple bagging my aro....

h.l_nathan

wow...I'll be doing the same in a couple of weeks myself...I'll be triple bagging my aro....
get urself a large rubber ziplock bag and an extra strong black garbage bag if u decide to move. ziplock bag first then black bag right after, so the darkness calms the aro down.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
For moving adult aros, you should really get a shrimp bag, the kind that seafood distribtors who move live shrimp/prawns use.

I picked one up in Singapore from an Pro-arowana shop (PurpleRed) for $20. It is made of heavy duty super thick clear plastic/vinyl; the bottom part is even thicker and is a white colour. It is really the perfect bag for moving a large aro.

I know M_class has one too, maybe he can help with suggestions of where to get one in Canada. My guess would be from someone in the commercial sea food business.

aro7

sorry but that was kinda a funny story....lol

glad the aros in its new home now...i liked your tank setup...pictures when you have time please!

Marowana420

sorry but that was kinda a funny story....lol

glad the aros in its new home now...i liked your tank setup...pictures when you have time please!

bro, its funny when it didnt happen to you. i had a lil nasty fish poop water in my mouth when i had to lift it over the rim of the tank.

i laughed so hard when i saw a youtube video when this guy was moving his silver. bag broke and it dropped on the floor and all the water spilled. should have learned from others mistakes:eek:.

i'll take pics soon

Last edited:

DaiDee

bro, its funny when it didnt happen to you. i had a lil nasty fish poop water in my mouth when i had to lift it over the rim of the tank.

i laughed so hard when i saw a youtube video when this guy was moving his silver. bag broke and it dropped on the floor and all the water spilled. should have learned from others mistakes:eek:.

i'll take pics soon

lol I showed that video to these guys. Fkn jokes! Too bad no one was taping you lol! j/k

Atleast the aro is in it's final home. No more worries about moving it around. When's the photography session? Saturday? :D