My idea on pellet training stingrays ):

MEDHBSI

I've come up with a new way of pellet training stingrays So far so good!

-what I do is drill a hole in the middle of a massivour pellet and then push a live whole worm through the middle and tie him in a knot. So far he's eaten 6 pellets and I will be heading to the next step of soaking pellets in worm juice. I tried all other methods of pellet training with this ray with no luck. He's very picky and seems to rather die than eat any other types of food. I'm not willing to feed my ray worms for the rest of his life either so this was the next step.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4swp-e6IU"]Pellet training for stingrays - YouTube[/ame]

IMG_20131222_153015.jpg (used drill bit. The nail was just an idea)

IMG_20131222_153519.jpg

IMG_20131223_135020.jpg

MEDHBSI

update

Thanks I will keep updating with how the ray is doing with pellets as for now he's eating 2 pellets tied in a knot with a worm!!

Ansieh

Great job!! I did something similar when i tried to train my aro. I inserted a hikari stick into cut up market shrimp and he would swallow the whole piece. I ended up giving up because it takes long to prepare those and he still wouldnt accept hikari stick afterwards by itself. Hope it works out for you!

MEDHBSI

So far things are good the only thing is he's like a dog sometimes he spits the pellet out soooo if he does that he gets no worms for a few days then he stops spitting it out lol