My McDats Trio

EKen

Super Moderator
Been looking for Pulchers for over a year. Found 3 and hoping to get more. Greediness is really a nasty thing...

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 698
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 658
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 673
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 648
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 678

m_class2g

Sponsor
well done! some nice looking tigers. what are they eating right now!? i hope to get my army of 3 bars too!

EKen

Super Moderator
Thanks for the comments guys.

They are all eating market shrimps right now. Eating a lot. It's pretty hard to feed the Stingray and Tigrinus with these guys...

m_class2g

Sponsor
lol yea i bet! my 14 inch widebar can eat 100 hikari arowana pellets in the morning and another 100 at nite! he eats a lot! i have to get mine to eat frozen to minimize cost on pellets.

thats the reason why i dont keep anymore stingrays. i find them too hard to feed with aros and tigers. they are just too slow to find the food. aro and tigers usually eat everything first.

what are the sizes of your tigers!!??

Dragonguy

I actually hand feed my stingrays, but you need to be careful. If I don't hand feed my stingrays, my bichirs and knifefish will eat everything that goes to the substrates.

EKen

Super Moderator
lol yea i bet! my 14 inch widebar can eat 100 hikari arowana pellets in the morning and another 100 at nite! he eats a lot! i have to get mine to eat frozen to minimize cost on pellets.

thats the reason why i dont keep anymore stingrays. i find them too hard to feed with aros and tigers. they are just too slow to find the food. aro and tigers usually eat everything first.

what are the sizes of your tigers!!??

Smallest one around 5-6'', biggest one arounr 10-11''.

I am thinking of using some sort of a tube to let the pieces of shrimp sink to the bottom to feed the Tig and Motoro. I wonder if market shrimps is more cost effective than pellets, but mines don't want to take pellets yet.

Here a little vid of the tank:
http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/EKen53/?action=view&current=CTank.flv

danfong88

very nice ST.... where did you get them? I have indo tigers only.... and they tend to hide in the corners and inside the drift wood.

Dragonguy

very nice ST.... where did you get them? I have indo tigers only.... and they tend to hide in the corners and inside the drift wood.

How long have you been keeping your ITs. If they are new to tank then they will to likely hide. However if you've been keeping them for a long time, then probably something is bothering them. I got my tigers to get used in the tank for about 1.5 weeks. Then they started to eat pellets in about 2 weeks. I used krills to train them to take floating pellets. Now they beg for food every time I go in front of the tank.

T1KARMANN

nice tigers :D

the feeding thing can be a problem try getting the rays on pellets it makes life very easy

for my feedin i layer feed

only the aros eat super worms if they miss a few the rays eat them
i then feed the pawn for the tigers the aros eat a bit if they miss a few the rays eat them
then i feed the pellets ever fish in the tank eats them apart from the aros

my tigrinus eats anything he can grab :D

EKen

Super Moderator
Nice pick ups :)

Did you get these from T.O?

Two of them are from TO, thanks to a heads up from this forum. The last one came from NY, it was previously sold be Mike at H2O, and I bought him back from the buyer.

STs are addictive, maybe even more than Aros... :eek:

carcrazy

I have an IT as well that I have had for about 4 months. It still hides when the lights are on but comes out when it is dark. It looks to be stable, though as the black bars are dark and the body is quite light. It doesn't do much flashing, either. Maybe when it gets bigger it will become more brave, it is about 5 inches now and only eats shrimp.

Attachments

• Dsc04066a.jpg
    Dsc04066a.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 616

EKen

Super Moderator
I find that ITs are rarely always stable. They do get more stable as they grow, but some still stay unstable. I read before that some people do not give them hiding places so that they get less timid, not sure if it works though...

danfong88

Thanks for your guy's comments. I really enjoy watching the indo tiger fish eat. I have them trained to eat pellets now.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Right on Eken! BIG congratulations!! :)

It looks like you have the foundation for an amazing tank going forward...

You might even find these guys to be a better investment than a lot of stocks out there! lol