my RTG tail falling off =(

RTG

hey guys!!!

My RTG jump up and must of hit the glass cover very very hard cause now the RTG has injuries everywhere. He's got a cut above his eye and you can see the white meat underneath, a crack on his gill cover, some scales cracked as well, bottom back fin is partially bleeding and THE BIGGEST PROBLEM right now is that the bottom half of the Tail fin has BROKEN OFF!!!! =(

Does this mean I have to put out my RTG with Clove oil???? If soo wjats the percentage of my RTG not waking up and possibly dieing?

or

can i leave the RTG tail like that and it would shed off on it own??

Here's a picture.

picture.php

picture.php

JLee

Keep immaculate water conditions. I would leave it alone and let nature takes its course. Possibly adding some salt to aid in the healing process.

Arodynamic

Do not fear, the tail will grow back rapidly, even if the caudal or dorsal fins are damaged
Just give it time- It has happened to me a few times. there is no need to cut the tail like some people do.

RTG

Sooo... GOOD NEWS!! The bottom half of the broken tail is on the bottom of the tank righ tnow!! =D i guess my RTG just wagged it off..
I guess I can just leave him now and let him grow it back...

picture.php

picture.php

m_class2g

Sponsor
its better to just cut off the remaining piece of the tail. that way, it has a better chance of growing back nicely.