new 17 inch widebar. JUMBO.

EKen

Super Moderator
I was keeping 5 STs together and started selling them away because they were beating the hell out of each others... :(

DragonfishExotics

My old chili lived with 6 dats that were all no bigger then 5", an ornate bichir, flagfish, and a motoro. But I had a huge piece of wood in middle of tank to try to seperate them. When Isold the other fish I did have the chili in a bare bottom tank for a month, thats what you saw when you picked him up.

m_class2g

Sponsor
wow... i wish he was more tolerant. hes a jerk now.. i can honestly say.

tried a 10 inch FF. 4 jumbo blood parrots, motoro ray (he chews the tail off), indo tigers, this big widebar

he basically wants to kill anything in his tank.

eken. i guess i have to try it out and see how it goes. id hate to sell the big st.

CHILLI RED

I've been having troubles with my super red and ST lately also. I picked up a 9" ST to go with my 13" super red and 6" FF. The aro has been picking on my new ST quite a bit. Now I need to either sell the ST or get a tank just for the ST.:confused:

m_class2g

Sponsor
yea... sucks. my rtg is doing fine with his st tankmate. rtg mellowed down quite a bit. use to beat up a lot of fish back in his days. rtg actually bit off my old sts eye... sad to say.

bill. im feeding him lots man! always hungry!! i should take a feeding video for you one of these days.

jackson

I had 12 in one tank and they never fuaght at all. I had to take 4 of them out because they seemed to be stunted by the others so they went to my brothers place. The last 6 I sold off lived together since the day i bought them. Never had a problem. I did have 2 die on me thanks to market shrimp.

It's can be punks as well but NGT's are the worst they kill each other not just beat each other

M class2g~

Dont feed this fish market shrimp. Larger Dat's dont do well on that diet. I find it is the cause of sudden death. Shrimp have a chemical in them that make TIDE for our cloths a fish that size needs to eat a lot of shrimp over time you will kill him do to a bulid up in it's system. Pellets and filets are best just make sure the filets are low in fat. Do not feed them salmon.

Nice find :)

m_class2g

Sponsor
I had 12 in one tank and they never fuaght at all. I had to take 4 of them out because they seemed to be stunted by the others so they went to my brothers place. The last 6 I sold off lived together since the day i bought them. Never had a problem. I did have 2 die on me thanks to market shrimp.

It's can be punks as well but NGT's are the worst they kill each other not just beat each other

M class2g~

Dont feed this fish market shrimp. Larger Dat's dont do well on that diet. I find it is the cause of sudden death. Shrimp have a chemical in them that make TIDE for our cloths a fish that size needs to eat a lot of shrimp over time you will kill him do to a bulid up in it's system. Pellets and filets are best just make sure the filets are low in fat. Do not feed them salmon.

Nice find :)

interesting facts. thx for the info. ill feed market prawn sparingly then. big st started eating today. market prawn lol. after i shift him to his new tank in a few days, ill try feeding other stuff.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
interesting facts. thx for the info. ill feed market prawn sparingly then. big st started eating today. market prawn lol. after i shift him to his new tank in a few days, ill try feeding other stuff.

Check out this thread; it is very interesting.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=272526&pid=2268319&st=0&#entry2268319

I am wondering if a group of us might consider doing a little testing of the market prawn we use? I would guess we could get a proper analysis done for around $500. Considering we all spend many thousands on our fish (if you add it up), knowing the facts about the food we feed our fish might make a lot of sense...?

jackson

Check out this thread; it is very interesting.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=272526&pid=2268319&st=0&#entry2268319

I am wondering if a group of us might consider doing a little testing of the market prawn we use? I would guess we could get a proper analysis done for around $500. Considering we all spend many thousands on our fish (if you add it up), knowing the facts about the food we feed our fish might make a lot of sense...?

I figured this one out on my own about the see foods and I am no lab tech LOL I read about shrimp and see foods and was trying to figure out why the 2died on me. I came across some dude on the net who was talking about this chemical that shrimp and other see foods carry. It really is the same thing as what they make tide from. I have even seen this new machine they made that uses pressure to extract this chem and other impurities from all types of foods from see foods to beef to veggies. It also came down to me watching the fish and looking at their eye's after I fed them. Dat's in my mind tell you a lot with their eye's. I know it sounds sort of crazy but when you have spent so much time like I have looking at them and trying to figure out these fish it makes sense. Their eye's are the key. Colour/stableness means nothing with these fish. I have had some who never showed me more than black and have grown faster and were stronger then the stable ones.

I have 2 small ST's that will eat green peas LOL I swear they eat them because of the clown loaches.

EEYY

wow... i wish he was more tolerant. hes a jerk now.. i can honestly say.

tried a 10 inch FF. 4 jumbo blood parrots, motoro ray (he chews the tail off), indo tigers, this big widebar

he basically wants to kill anything in his tank.

eken. i guess i have to try it out and see how it goes. id hate to sell the big st.

Good for you. Acquiring 3 more large widebarssssssss from Florida. :)