NEW Acrylic tank build

Joey

Hi guys, Joey here.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that i will be soon posting
a new video series on how to build an acrylic aquarium.

Start to finnish. everything needed to know. From where to get the acrylic,
how much you can expect to pay for the acrylic
how to cut it
how to design the aquarium
preparing the edges of the acrylic
putting the tank together
welding the tank together
finishing touches(rounding corners, and flame polishing)
plumbing the tank
Designing building and installing filtration.

each step will show exactly how to do everything. In video format.
Using common and easy to use tools. Nothing fancy.

Once you see this series, you will know everything you need to know to build an acrylic aquarium, and will see just
how easy it really is.

Also included will be a few added bonuses for my viewers. i dont want to give them away yet.....
BUT, i will say that all of my viewers will be getting discounts on acrylic all across canada for example.
Plus, other things you'll see in the video, will also be available to my viewers in a similar fashion.

This video series will be posted soon. I have set the date to have the first video out, as this friday.

I will be posting all videos right here for you to see.

Anyways, just a heads up.

All videos will first be uploaded to my YouTube channel here: www.youtube.com/uarujoey

Subscribe if you can!

Thanks for looking.

Joey

The first build looked great, what size are you doing this time?

Good question.

The tank will be 48Lx36Wx20T... 150 gallon.. not a huge tank, but respectable enough to make a video out of.

These dimensions were based off a few things.

First, i was only given two full sheets to use. i wanted to build a tank, AND something else with it(you'll have to wait to see what the second thing is) so this is the biggest i could go with what i had left.

Second, i wanted a usable tank... so 4x3 was a good choice. I like those dimensions.

Third, tank needed to be four feet long, but with width, for something special i will be adding to the layout.

forth.... since this will be in video format, and i'll be taking you guys every step of the way, i wanted to keep the tank at a manageable size where i could easily do it while still giving directions at the same time. BIG tanks need my full attention.

aro7

hey joey, with your acrylic lids, do they ever get deformed or bent from the humidity?

hondas3000

great video, gonna build myself one in the future. One quick question. Why do you have the top panel to be inside of the side panel instead sit on top just like the bottom panel?

Joey

hey joey, with your acrylic lids, do they ever get deformed or bent from the humidity?

Yes, they do end up warping... but i simply flip them over when they do. Im not sure yet if i'll have to flip the lids on this tank though, as i've never used 1/2" acrylic for lids.

great video, gonna build myself one in the future. One quick question. Why do you have the top panel to be inside of the side panel instead sit on top just like the bottom panel?

I didnt have to do it that way. I could have, but i think it looks better this way.

homebrewed

Super Moderator
Great series, Joey.

Definatly brings new light to the DIYs I've read. I'll have to put this new info to work instead of building glass boxes.

Any info on buffing acrylic?

Joey

Great series, Joey.

Definatly brings new light to the DIYs I've read. I'll have to put this new info to work instead of building glass boxes.

Any info on buffing acrylic?

Thanks...

I dont have anything on buffing acrylic yet... but i plan on using Novus

RDFISHGUY

I've always glued the sides to the back then flipped it over and glued the front. Never tried gluing on the vertical. It looks way less time consuming doing it your way. I still prefer to have the top cover the sides,front and back rather than fit inside but to each his own. Great video series BTW.